- Improves support for split view and slide over mode on iPad where available.
- Fixes redirects on iOS 9 not working correctly.
Ratings and Reviews
I use this app to redirect specific email selected by AppleMail rules to an email address provided by Prowl. This pushes the email to the Prowl app on my iPhone and notifies me by sound/vibration on my iPhone and AppleWatch. It was drop-dead simple to set up, and Prowl provides as many email addresses as you need.
I’m using this to replace similar functionality of Boxcar, which has disappeared from the App Store. Do note that Prowl is much more capable than what I’m using it for.
An honest review.
Not very often do you find an app that does what it says "easily". I think it's better for a developer to assume the person using it has no or some knowledge of computers but, not assume that the person knows everything. In theory this is a great app but, on the surface it's convaluted mess.
1. There should be a simple server you can download on your Mac/PC to get notifications sent to your iPhone and, not have to pay for a seperate app.
2. The whole API system is not simple. I know of APIs but, don't have the clearest grasp of what it actually is. So, forcing someone to enter API keys is not the best way to go about things.
3. If you want to use it with your browser that's another download.
Great custom notifications
I use prowl to notify me about local air quality in realtime. It’s great!
Apple ought to allow custom sounds for third party app notification. Would be perfect to have arbitrary number of types and user custom sound based on message contents. This change would allow very versatile notifications like voice announcing data inside message etc.
Can select 5 different sounds from a preset list of 6. Defaults are solid, but would greatly benefit from even purchased ringtones being available.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.