Proxie is an HTTP debugging proxy designed for macOS.
• HTTPS Decryption - Proxie is able to decrypt HTTPS traffic by man-in-the-middle interception.
• Customizable Filters - Proxie makes it super convenient to locate what you want in tons of requests.
• Other useful functionalities: import/export, request composer, client replay, etc.
Support dark mode on the latest version of macOS.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Phising software. Tries to remote monitor/control your machine.
Very good app!
I first got a bit nervous till I found the “Trust Cellis CA on this Mac” option under Help menu. You should make this somehow a bit more obvious and explain somewhere (on web site, for example) how to grab this certificate and install it onto iOS Simulator, for example… Far not everybody knows how to do it.
I loved app’s simplisity and slick design. I tried various apps (Charles, Burp) - those are pretty hard to use for majority of cases, while Cellist does everything that most developers will ever need: filtering and request/response visualization in various formats (JSON, Web, Imagery). What I found extremely useful was ability to drag’n’drop response as a file! I would yet ask for XML visualization - it would be pretty handy either.
A few small feature requests -
* JSON “Expand/Collapse all” button
* ability to sort in a way that most recent requests stay on top (vs being added into the end of the list)
* request timestamps would be usefull to see somewhere.
* when your app posts ton of requests - additional highlighting mechanism would be a really cool feature, that would allow to mark similar requests (by full URL, for example) with some color.
* ability to change background color for image viewer
Thanks for the great app!
Best debugging proxy on Mac so far
On Windows I was using Fiddler and was pretty happy about it. Having moved to Mac I started to look for a native replacement, but was surprised not to find one. Then I tried Charles, and it is okay-is, but as Java-based app it takes a lot of space for such an app and my god it’s slow (and expensive). But then I discovered Proxie (actually by name Cellist) and that’s the one I was looking for. Native, small, fast, very nice looking, and for a fair price, doing its job well (including HTTPS packets inspection).
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.