Use PS Remote Play to access your PS5™ or PS4™ wherever you go.
With PS Remote Play, you can:
• Display the PlayStation®5 or PlayStation®4 screen on your mobile device.
• Use the on-screen controller on your mobile device to control your PS5 or PS4.
• Connect your DUALSHOCK®4 wireless controller.
• Connect your DualSense™ wireless controller to mobile devices with iOS 14.5 or iPadOS 14.5 or later installed.
• Join voice chats using the mic on your mobile device.
• Enter text on your PS5 or PS4 using the keyboard on your mobile device.
To use this app, you need the following:
• A mobile device with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 later installed
• A PS5 or PS4 console with the latest system software version
• An account for PlayStation Network
• A fast and stable internet connection
When using mobile data:
• Depending on your carrier and network conditions, you may not be able to use Remote Play.
• Remote Play uses a lot more data than most video streaming services. Data charges may apply.
Using the DUALSHOCK 4:
For mobile devices with iOS 13 or iPadOS 13 installed, use the on-screen controller to use the PS button and the touch pad function.
• This app may not be compatible with some games.
• You need to grant this app access to connect to devices on your local network. If you haven't already, you can do this from the Settings menu on your iOS or iPadOS device.
• Your controller may vibrate differently than when playing on your PS5 or PS4 console.
• You can now connect to your console using mobile data. To do so, go to the Settings menu, and then turn on [Use Mobile Data].
• This app now supports Ukrainian.
• This app no longer supports iOS 12.
Ratings and Reviews
Great but its missing one thing or two
The thing that it’s missing is the buttons since the buttons are super big because i have a iPhone 6s Plus the buttons are big that I accidentally tap on the other buttons while I’m playing need for speed payback I accidentally put the button to tune the car or when I play fortnite (I’m lazy and don’t want to download the game on my phone because it’s a waste of battery and time and memory space on my phone so I play on the games of my PlayStation on my phone witch is fun and add a option in the the setting where you can customize the buttons where you can put them somewhere else on the screen and make them smaller and one more thing that it needs is that you can use the daulshock and play on the phone without the one thing that one thing happening and the two the two things that I’m asking please because someone’s tv or monitor might break so they can play on their phone or tablet with or without the daulshock that are the two things that I’m asking right now and other people might appreciate it a lot and I mean a lot and by the way mention the in the news and more people or going to use it
Apologies to PS and a solution for those still having connection issues
Seems I’ve found the issue to why the remote play wasn’t working away from home when I’m at work, for those having issues , make sure your router is in AP mode ( if you have both modem n router ) also google the ports that need to be forwarded for Ps remote play and set up port forwarding on your home admin Wifi , give your PS4 a static IP that is available to prevent it from changing when you restart your PS4 before setting up port forwarding , disable PS vita network settings( causes some issues) . And the part no one told me about not even google is that at the second location (work ) find the ip address your phone is using , go into the Wifi admin ( if you don’t have access then hope the default password is set on the Wifi admin which is user : admin, password : password , might be different for other people) once in the settings enable DMZ mode and put in the private IP address you found for your mobile phone )
In the PS4 remote play app reduce the graphics settings ( not required but just in case ) and try to connect to your PlayStation that is in REST MODE at home from work , this will take 2-4 failed connections if your PS4 is not on Ethernet n is below 60% Wifi signal strength, but it should work afterwards running as smoothly as if the PlayStation was right in front of you at work .
Lots of Potential!
This app has a lot of potential for the future. After attempting to give it a test with Apex Legends, I came to the realization that I simply cannot press all the buttons needed at the same time when under combat. The controls disappeared after a few seconds and I ended up pressing outside the button boundaries. I have not yet tested an external BT controller, so I might see if it has this functionality at a later time. But as for using it to control apps and services. It works great. The chat function works great, but it would be a nice feature addition to use it for only chat with no game audio or video. The quality and framerate is amazing if you have a 100mbs+ internet connection from both host and target networks. As this app was just released this morning, I'm sure there are lots more features and functionality planned as the technology evolves. Overall, this app works great as a way to play simple arcade or basic controlled games and is a nice remote, but not ideal for playing FPS or more robust games where you need better hand eye coordination. We’ll see what time has to offer.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- PlayStation Mobile Inc.
- 17.4 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Game Controller
English, Arabic, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- © 2021 Sony Interactive Entertainment Inc.
Play this game with your favorite compatible controller.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.