The pulse drill is an interval type training drill, designed to improve and maintain the level of aerobic and anaerobic fitness by allowing the user to train during one drill in two of the primary training zones.
The drill typically starts with a long jog of 10min, and then follows a series of alternating intervals of jogging and running. During the intervals, it maintains a constant time period for each zone's interval, i.e. at each new pulse (or interval) the time periods don’t change.
The lite version supports only "running" or "threshold pace" during the fast pace interval. Using the In-App purchase feature can easily upgrade to the full version equal to our PulseDrill App. With this upgrade, you can enable distance tracking using GPS, as well as being able to setup your drills in more detail.
Additionally with the In-App purchase add random capabilities to vary the jog and run time intervals at random, as well as getting the TempoPulse. The latter allows to run at marathon pace during the fast interval.
Also, with the In-App you can add the AeroRadar features to help you set your training objectives.
• One standard drill.
• Customize the number of pulses (or intervals) and running period.
• Help available for user input parameters.
• Supports portrait and landscape screen orientation on the "Run Screen".
• Can lock the screen orientation before running.
• Listen & control music or audio books while running.
• Quick access and control of the iPod’s music, select songs, playlists, audiobooks, etc.
• Detailed drill information with table of contents.
• Male voice guidance.
• Announces remaining time for stages/steps that take longer than 75 sec.
• Warns you to prepare for the next stage/step.
The PulseLite App has one version and some features of our fully customizable interval App the “PulseDrill”.
With the PulseDrill In-App purchase, you can enable distance tracking using GPS. Please make note that continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
For more information about the body's energy systems and aerobic and anaerobic fitness, maximum oxygen uptake (VO2max), training concepts and other useful information, please visit the pages in our "Support" section of our Website.
These are some of the new features added or changed as compared to Version 2.0.1:
• Fixed issue when pausing a run and pressing the "Home" button or locking the device.
• Fixed some saving issues when going from the "Quick Setup" Screen to view the drill's details.
• When you are running and press the home button or "lock" (or auto-lock) the device, the drill now continues to run instead of stopping. When you go back to the drill, it will resume displaying your run status.
• Changes to a drill setup are saved when before viewing the details. This happens when you pres "Details" in the Setup screen.
• Fixed screen lock issues when running.
• Fixed issues with in-app purchases.
• Optimized for IOS 9.3.
• Other minor fixes and enhancements.
• Also, visit the "Info" screen, of each drill, and select "What's New" for more details on the drill's additions/changes made.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I have not felt comfortable getting the full version because apparently this app, while it is pretty good, does not allow multitasking so if you get a call or reply an sms while it is running, it shuts off and you need to start it again from zero. While I am running with this app, I cannot use my iphone. It will get a 5 if this gets fixed.
Does what its suppose to do but everytime I lock the Ipod it turns off please fix!
- gluonBoson Applications, LLC
- 11.6 MB
- Health & Fitness
Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2011, 2016 gluonBoson Applications, LLC
- In-App Purchases
- PulseDrill Full App Features $1.99
- AeroRadar App Features $0.99
- Random Pulse Features $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.