Pumps Basics contains a large selection of Pumps laws, equations, tables and reference material.
Table of Contents:
- Alternating Pumps
- Best Efficiency Point - BEP
- Boiling Fluids
- Centrifugal Pump Speed
- Centrifugal Pumps
- Classifications of Pumps
- Condensate Pumping
- Converting Pump Head to Pressure
- Dynamic, Absolute and Kinematic Viscosity
- Equation of Mechanical Engineering
- Head Rise and the Energy Equation
- Light Oils - Recommended Suction Flow Viscosity
- NEMA Frame Assignments
- Positive Displacement Pumps
- Power Gained by Fluid
- Pump Affinity Laws
- Pump and Fan Efficiency
- Pumping Boiling Liquids - Delivery Flow Velocities
- Pumping Light Oils - Delivery Flow Velocities
- Pumping Water - Horsepower Requirements
- Pumps - Specific Suction Speed
- Pumps, Fans and Turbines
- Shut-off Head
- Specific Speed
- Specific Work of Turbo Machines
- Suction Flow Velocities of Water
- Suction Head Affected by Altitude
- Water Pumping Costs
* All Content is Searchable
* All Content is available offline (no need for WiFi or Internet Connection)
* Please send us any questions, comments or suggestions using our website
- Minor updates
Ratings and Reviews
Very nice intro to pumps
It's actually a very decent intro to pump basics an gives you easy conversions for units.
I like having a quick refresher to incompressible turbo-machinery in my pocket.
A must have for any Mechanical Engineer that only rarely deals with pump dynamics.
Cons: the UI is a bit bland, although the maker was focusing more on content. Pictures/diagrams would be nice. The cutoff for the bottom of the page is a too high, forcing you to rubberband up a 1/2" to read the last line or so - no biggie.
Overall, worth it.
- Emad Attia
- 26 MB
Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Chinese, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © FPC Apps Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.