Pure Pinyin is designed for all my brothers and sisters serving Jehovah in the Chinese speaking field. (Acts 16:9,10) When preparing talks, items or studies in Chinese, I have found that being able to write Pinyin with tone marks, or convert a piece of Chinese text into Pinyin is very useful. I hope that this app can help you too to do your work more efficiently.
This app provides a keyboard that writes Pinyin with correctly placed tone marks in any app! The keyboard also provides you with suggestions so that you can more easily and quickly write correct pinyin. It also remembers what you usually write and suggests the most common words.
To activate, open the settings app, go to General -> Keyboard -> Keyboards -> Add New Keyboard.
Select Pure Pinyin and you can start using the pinyin keyboard to write Pinyin in any app.
Select the Pinyin keyboard by pressing the globe icon on your regular keyboard and selecting ”Pīnyīn - Pure Pinyin".
When writing Pinyin, just choose which tone you want and it will be added to the latest syllable, over the correct vowel. To change the tone, just choose another one and it will be corrected.
As you start typing you get suggestions popping up next to the tone keys. Just pick the one you need. If there are more than can fit the screen, you can scroll to the left and right to find what you need.
Sometimes you need to write a "v", so if you hold down the "ü" key for a second, it writes a "v" instead.
Offline conversion from Hanzi to Pinyin! No need to use online tools to convert Hanzi to Pinyin!
Tap Paste or write Chinese Hanzi in the upper text box.
Tap Pinyin to convert into clear and simple Pinyin in the lower text box.
Tap 2-lines to convert into HTML code that will display as Chinese characters with the pinyin pronounciation above the characters. The effect is only visible if you put it in an HTML document. This can be used when making websides.
Tap Copy to easily copy the generated text to the clipboard.
The database contains over 168.000 words and phrases. If you find any errors or would like to see any improvements, please contact me about it on the website http://purepinyin.com/
Please note that this app does not translate Chinese into any other language, but only romanizes it using Pinyin.
Pure Pinyin is free of charge, without ads, because "You received free, give free." (Mat 10:8) If you feel that you appreciate this app, then please tell your friends about it and consider making an extra donation into the contribution box at your local Kingdom Hall.
Continue steadfast in your assignment and Jehovah will continue blessing you! (1 Cor 15:58)
* Updated the 2-lines option with live preview.
* Added indicator for copying.
* Added swipe down gesture to close keyboard.
* Updated database and added a lot of new words.
* Overhauled the layout system. Had to create a new system from scratch to get it to work. It took a few months, but now everything should stay where it's supposed to.
* Updated the keyboard layout and added an extra symbol keyboard to the iPad version.
* Updated the text prediction system to be much more accurate and helpful. It will sense up to the last 5 words to give you the most accurate prediction.
* Added fuzzy input. If the keyboard can't find a match to what you wrote, it'll find the closest word possible.
* The dictionary now keeps track of how frequently you use words and will sort them accordingly.
* You can now delete words from the text prediction. Hold down the suggestion button and a dialog will appear asking you to delete the word. Select Delete or Cancel. If the word is used as a suggestion following another word, it will first remove it as a suggestion but keep it in the dictionary. But if it's not used as a suggestion, it will be completely removed from the dictionary. The dialog tells you what will happen.
* Now you can hold down two fingers on the keyboard and drag sideways to move the text cursor left or right.
* Lots of small cosmetic updates.
* Lots of bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
What a BIG help!!
Thank you for designing this app. My previous way to remember tones was to write 1, 2, 3, etc attached to each word. This is great!!
Keyboard works great
Thank you. :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.