Minimalistic, lightweight mod, s3m and xm module player (.it not supported)
(s3m with AdLib instruments not supported, neither is pre-1.04 xm format)
The PureModPlayer is EXTREMELY CPU and storage FRIENDLY! The app has very low power consumption (uses only native algorithms, no third-party routines or libraries!!). All imported files are compressed into an internal database, thus saving space on your device.
Main features include:
- fast, high quality mixing (up to 32 channels)
- realtime song seeking
- UTI support
- equal power panning for best stereo experience
- device-independent volume control (amplification)
- background audio playback support
- responds to remote control events (e.g. headphone controls)
- media player info integration
- automatic pause on audio interruption (when another application plays sound, e.g. Siri)
- seamless resume after quit
- automatic song length and sub song detection (not perfect sometimes)
- customize the song names yourself
- disable BPM changes for some very old mod files manually to ensure proper playback
- up to 5 custom playlists (global shuffle mode can be toggled manually)
- pin current file for endless playback
- upload modules via iTunes (compressed zip files also supported and recommended, but only deflate method will work properly)
- automatic compression of files to save around 40% of storage space (this will take some time so patience is advised)
- two vis modes: instrument/sample text and spectrum (swipe bottom component); note that spectrum analyser may consume additional CPU time
- each module is identified using unique MD5 hash, so adding same files won't waste space on the device
- tested with up to 2.5K files (local list takes some time to load for the first time)
- no third party open source libraries used
Warning! Successfully imported files will be deleted from local device storage to save space (they will still remain in the internal app data directory).
- fix arpeggio
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I hoped to find
I had been looking for a free, minimalistic, no-nonsense module player for years but never found one... until now! PureModPlay simply lets you play the modules you load into it and that's it; no hand-holding, no superfluous social media tie-ins, no flashy graphics. Modules loop as they should, background playback works as it should, and integration with the operating system (e.g., showing up in "Now Playing" and responding to Bluetooth playback controls) works as it should. This is exactly what I hoped to find. Bravo!
An app with no ads—my hero
I was looking all over for a .mod player &
it’s so practical. something rarely seen these days
Amazing, doesn’t work as advertised
Was looking for a mod player, found this and was so excited. However, with the app in the background or on the lock screen, the music stops mid song. Have to keep it as the active window. Will give 5 stars if this can be fixed.
- Radovan Kramar
- 4 MB
Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Unrestricted Web Access
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2015 Radovan Kramar
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.