QCode is a fast, lightweight and powerful animation tool that turn vector drawing and animation to Objective C and Swift code.
Creating animation for your iOS/OSX project now is easier than ever. Just change any properties; you will see animation changes in real time. Using QuartzCode, you can iterate any animation within seconds, at the same time you can see the code side by side. The barrier for creating animation in Xcode is dramatically reduced!
• Turn drawing and animation to objective c or swift code in real time.
• Use raster images or create vector drawing using tools provided.
• Create multiple animation states in a single project.
• Use shared color to reuse same color across different layers and timelines.
• SVG import supported
• Mask and animating mask supported.
• Supports more than 25 animatable properties, combine to create stunning animations!
• Use linear timing functions, ease in, ease out or create custom timing functions using graph provided.
• The best and quickest way to learn and master core animation.
• position, z position, transform (rotate, scale and translate)
• fill color, gradient, opacity, hidden, shadow, mask, path
• stroke color, stroke start, stroke end, line width, line dash phase
• font size, foreground color,
• instance delay, instance count, instance transform, instance color, instance color offset
• Generate iOS/OSX Objective C and Swift code in real time.
• Code generation options :
- Relative frame
- Completion block
- Reverse animation
- End time
- Animation duration
• Readable and easy to modify generated code.
• Drawing code is generated by using CALayer and its subclass.
• Support Core animation and UIView block based animation code.
• Create variety of shapes from basic shapes provided.
• Use vector, pencil and boolean operations to create more advanced shapes.
• Edit shapes using vertex mode and transform mode.
• Apply color or gradient to shapes.
• Create replication effects of its sublayers with or without animation.
• Sublayers can be any other layers such as shape or emitter.
• Particle systems in QuartzCode.
• Use multiple emitter cells in an emitter layer.
• Each emitter cell can have its own image and properties.
• Chain multiple animations to sublayers with delay effect.
• Combine keypath properties to produce complex and beautiful animation.
• Use delay order to change order of sublayers animation.
• Also useful to animate text glyphs individually.
• Image resize options.
• Can also be used as a prototype image.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Clever app and something that is sorely needed in the Apple developer ecosystem. As others mentioned, this can be most obviously be compared to PaintCode, but it incorporates behavior you find in something like Core Animator, which is a great combination. There’s really nothing else available to developers at the moment that exports vector-based animations, and the design is generally pretty clean in this app.
There are a few areas, particularly with animations and the timeline, where this app needs refinement. I’m looking forward to see where they take this over time.
Must have for programmers and designers
It DOES make things super easier and helps on building and understanding ObjC/Swift animations. I’m comparing this app with PaintCode (and that’s a good thing). I know the focus / goals aren’t exactly the same, my point is: QuartzCode's interface could be a little more polished (that’s the only reason I’m giving it 4 stars instead of 5). Anyway, I can already see some improvements there with the latest beta… At the end of the day, I was able to deploy an animation made by a designer and the result pleased both. Apps like these seems difficult to implement, congratulations for the developer(s). Ah, the support is outstanding, thanks for all the help. (One more thing, please implement fullscreen support, thanks!)
I’ve been using QuartzCode on and off for 4 days. I’ve already committed two animations for eventual release in our production application. Be warned: the learning curve is steep because the amount of functionality QuartzCode makes accessible is vast. Where custom animations used to be daunting, QuartzCode makes them fun. I’m looking forward to the next custom animation I must add to our production application.
I was very frustrated at first by the UI — values changed unexpectedly and my file got saved automatically with changes I didn’t want. “Preferences” solved both those issues.
The video tutorials are extremely helpful, if difficult to follow at times.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.