Qixel HD is an original and creative drawing app that makes it super-easy for pixel-lovers, designers and retro gamers to make unique 'qixel art' then export your designs to your iPad and iPhone.
Our qixels come in 4 shapes with our unique 3d effect.
Create minimalist images, retro characters and typography with a limited number of qixels and colour palette. Make art or just use it to chill out - it's the digital equivalent of popping bubblewrap!
We look forward to seeing your artwork on the Facebook Qixel gallery! Facebook.com/qixelgallery
Here's what you can do with Qixel HD:
- Draw pictures with 4 different pixel types: Squares, Circles, Diamonds and Triangles.
- The canvas background button flips between black or white. This has a very different effect on your qixels.
- Use the darken and lighten buttons to add shade and depth to your art.
- The triangle setting has an extra button: Rotation. Try rotating your triangles 90 degrees to make strange patterns and origami-style art.
- Use Qixel to make quirky typography.
- Write simple messages and greeting cards to send to friends.
- Make cool patterns and abstract backgrounds for websites.
- Create retro game graphics, and then export frames in stages to make animation.
- experiment with colour: great for artists and colour therapy teachers.
ALLOW The PHOTO PERMISSION
- Qixel HD will ask you to permission to access your photos. Clicking 'OK' will allow you to save high res PNG files to your device's Camera Roll.
- The Photo button saves a high-res PNG screenshot to your iPad's camera roll.
Make sure you allow the Photo permission in your iOS device's restrictions.
Go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Privacy > Photos > Switch Qixel HD on.
iOS 12: Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions > Photos > Switch Qixel HD on.
hese aren't just Pixels... these are Qixels!
- removed the Qixel logo at the top of exported images
Ratings and Reviews
Really cool but...
So this is actually a really cool app but it was miss advertised to me, I had installed Qixel animate and they had put an ad for this app in it, they had sorta advertised it as a pro version of Qixel animate and so I was thinking (oh hey that seems really cool) so I bought it only to later realize it was only for pixel art so for that reason I can’t give it 5 stars but it’s still a really good app
Great for my needs, but could use more features
I use this tool to design countertops and cutting boards. It’s very slick. So much faster than paper and pencil.
Just wish there was a better way to save and edit previous pics
Pro App With a Watermark
The artwork you save from this PAID app contains a stupid watermark at the top. Why am I paying for the supposed premium application if you’re adding a watermark to my exported work? That’s just shady and crooked in my opinion.
Plus, if you use the eraser in this app it not only erases what you’ve drawn on the canvas. But, it also erases the canvas itself, which is just nuts and annoying I believe. The watermark issue alone makes me recommend other potential customers to stay away from buying this application.
Developer Response ,
Hi Joshua, we have removed the Qixel logo on the exported images on the next version. V 1.4.3 should be out soon..
Also, about the erase tool - seems like you've misunderstood how it works. The canvas background can be toggled from black to white, so the eraser wipes out the pixel colour to reveal the background.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Frosby Designs Ltd.
- 14 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2013 Frosby Designs Ltd.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.