Qixel HD is an original and creative drawing app that makes it super-easy for pixel-lovers, designers and retro gamers to make unique 'qixel art' then export your designs to your iPad and iPhone.
Our qixels come in 4 shapes with our unique 3d effect.
Create minimalist images, retro characters and typography with a limited number of qixels and colour palette. Make art or just use it to chill out - it's the digital equivalent of popping bubblewrap!
We look forward to seeing your artwork on the Facebook Qixel gallery! Facebook.com/qixelgallery
Here's what you can do with Qixel HD:
- Draw pictures with 4 different pixel types: Squares, Circles, Diamonds and Triangles.
- The canvas background button flips between black or white. This has a very different effect on your qixels.
- Use the darken and lighten buttons to add shade and depth to your art.
- The triangle setting has an extra button: Rotation. Try rotating your triangles 90 degrees to make strange patterns and origami-style art.
- Use Qixel to make quirky typography.
- Write simple messages and greeting cards to send to friends.
- Make cool patterns and abstract backgrounds for websites.
- Create retro game graphics, and then export frames in stages to make animation.
- experiment with colour: great for artists and colour therapy teachers.
ALLOW The PHOTO PERMISSION
- Qixel HD will ask you to permission to access your photos. Clicking 'OK' will allow you to save high res PNG files to your device's Camera Roll.
- The Photo button saves a high-res PNG screenshot to your iPad's camera roll.
Make sure you allow the Photo permission in your iOS device's restrictions.
Go to Settings > General > Restrictions > Privacy > Photos > Switch Qixel HD on.
iOS 12: Settings > Screen Time > Content and Privacy Restrictions > Photos > Switch Qixel HD on.
hese aren't just Pixels... these are Qixels!
- updated screenshots
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great for my needs, but could use more features
I use this tool to design countertops and cutting boards. It’s very slick. So much faster than paper and pencil.
Just wish there was a better way to save and edit previous pics
So good you can do cool stufffff!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.