A QR code (short for Quick Response) is a specific matrix barcode (or two-dimensional code), readable by dedicated QR barcode readers and camera phones. The code consists of black modules arranged in a square pattern on a white background. The information encoded can be text, URL or other data.
No Internet Connection is required as with other similar applications. Everything is created on your Mac without sending any of supplied information to 3rd party web site.
* Create QR Codes for your website URL (any arbitrary protocols are supported as well)
* Encode phone numbers or even SMS messages in QR Codes
* Create contact QR Codes from your Address Book, embedded in industry standard vCard format
* If none of previous suits your needs simply paste custom text or data and create custom QR Code
* Resulting QR Code can be saved as any size PNG for later reuse and sharing
* If you need contact sharing using vCard format, please have a look at Opti Contact application available in the AppStore as well (Opti Contact for iPhone is also a QR Code scanner and reader able to import vCards to your Address Book)
* Standard that works accross all mobile phone brands, not only iPhone (for example Android mobile phones)
* Internet connection is not required since QR Code is generating barcodes directly on your Mac without sending your private information to online services
* QR Code is an universal application and mobile version for iPhone, iPod and iPad is available in the iOS AppStore
Common in Japan, where it was created by Toyota subsidiary Denso-Wave in 1994, the QR code is one of the most popular types of two-dimensional barcodes. QR is the abbreviation for Quick Response, as the creator intended the code to allow its contents to be decoded at high speed. The technology has already seen a large uptake in Japan and South Korea.
* Added support for Retina displays
* Minor bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Works on Yosemite
Apparently there were problems with previous versions, but this version works fine on MacOSX Yosemite. I use it to print QR codes of my PGP and SSH keys to store in my safe, and for that it works fine. The app does all of the processing on the Mac -- no network activity at all. It would be nice to be able to copy-and-paste the image out of the app rather than saving it to a file, but other than that it does what I need it to do.
Does not work with Mountain Lion
After upgrading to Mountain Lion this App no longer loads. I have e-mailed the developer three times and no answer. Deleted and re-loaded at an additional cost and still will not load. Don't waste your money on this one like I did…….
Stop working after latest update
It was a nice app before, but after latest update it crashs right off the start. Compitely unusable.
Please fix it.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.