"QuantiChord" is a MIDI effect that generates chords from incoming notes and quantizes the results to a pre-defined scale. It can be used as a standalone application or as an AUv3 MIDI effect plug-in.
The chord is generated by adding up to 8 transposed notes to the original note played. Once the chord is generated, it is quantized to limit it to the selected output scale.
The application supports full internal and external MIDI connections for input and output. An internal sound bank is included.
The AUv3 MIDI effect plug-in supports multiple instances. A compatible host is required to run the plug-in. The host must support the Audio Unit v3 (AUv3) MIDI effect format.
Hosts supporting AUv3 MIDI effect: Logic Pro, Cubasis, Beatmaker, AUM, Audiobus, NanoStudio, Auria Pro, apeMatrix.
• Standalone application and AUv3 MIDI effect plug-in
• 8 transposing sliders from -24 to +24 semi-tones (+/- 2 octaves)
• 1 global transposer slider
• Scale quantizer
• Lockable parameter protection when switching presets
• Resizable keyboard
• Sample-accurate timing
• Internal sound bank
• Receiving MIDI from external MIDI sources
• Internal routing of inputs, outputs
• Send MIDI to a virtual port that can be used as MIDI input by other "Core MIDI" compatible applications
• Random creation of presets
• Presets browser
• "Program Change" support
• Preset sharing support by "AirDrop", "Mail", "Message" and other available services
• Native iCloud support
• "iCloud Drive" support in "Files" app on iOS and in "Finder" on macOS
• Full support of "Split View" and "Slide Over" on iPad
• 128 Undo/Redo levels
Supported MIDI connections:
• Virtual "Core MIDI" connections between applications
• Any compatible MIDI interface
• MIDI over Wifi
• MIDI over Bluetooth
• Compatibility with Logic for iPad
• Minor bugs fixed
Ratings and Reviews
Adds a “chord memory” mode to any AUv3 instrument!
Some synths have had a “chord memory” mode where you can program in a chord. Then when you play a single key, it plays that chord transposed to that note. By using AUM to route MIDI through this app, you can effectively add such a mode to any AUv3 instrument! It also lets you limit what notes it will generate so that—unlike most “chord memory” features—you can restrict the chords generated to a particular scale This—for me—makes it quite a bit more useful.
I think it could be improved by adding a display of what notes it is actually generating so that you could understand exactly what the quantization is generating.
Quite reliable, perfect tool.
This is kind of a perfect tool for at least two occasions. Best of all, I don’t recall ever having any hanging notes while using this. Which can’t always be said for others.
The two functions I use this most for are:
1. Forcing a scale. You can deselect notes you don’t want to play. As a bonus, this feature is ‘after’ the interval choice option. So your chords stay in key.
2. Intervals from a single key press. It’s not something I need on every channel. But when I need this function (which is periodic occasions), this is my absolute go to. Sometimes it’s just octave stacking. Other times it’s 7th chords. Etc. this just does the job.
I have not made much use of some of the additional preset recall features or locking feature. I really should.
Downloaded, tried, then deleted.
I can’t think of a single application this could be used for. Quite useless.
Doesn’t even tell you the chord makeup..
Can’t organize chord progressions.
What did I pay $7 for?
Nothing... unfortunate that I cannot get my money back.
App downloaded, and deleted.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Laurent Colson
- 35.1 MB
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Laurent Colson
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.