For more than 30 years, millions of users — from freelance designers to global organizations, marketing departments, agencies, print providers, and publishers — have used QuarkXPress to produce advertising, brochures, magazines, books, catalogs, newspapers, flipbooks, mobile apps, and more. Why? Because QuarkXPress offers the ultimate in creativity, design control, and professional print and digital output.
Turn your ideas into reality with QuarkXPress. It’s the graphic design software that gives you precise control over text, images, shapes, color, opacity, and it’s compatible with a broad range of file formats. No design is too simple or too complex — and no page layout software gives you more control.
QuarkXPress, The Most Flexible Software for Print and Digital Design.
*** With QuarkXPress you can (highlights) ***
Output / Export for PRINT
• as PDF/X-1a and PDF/X-3
• as verified PDF/X-4 (the choice of professional printers)
• as tagged/accessible PDF
• as PDF/A
• as Image (JPG, PNG)
• as EPS
• as PostScript
• Print (on a printer or a press)
Output / Export for DIGITAL PUBLISHING (online)
• as Android Single Apps (at no extra charge)
• as iOS apps (at no extra charge)
• as reflowable eBook export in ePub format
• as fixed-layout eBook export in ePub format
• as animated HTML5 Publications
• as progressive web app (PWA)
• as Responsive HTML5 Publications
What customers say:
"QuarkXPress is an essential layout tool, and frankly the best layout app for any graphic designer. With its intuitive tools and “box’ approach to page layout, it's surprisingly easy to add content and elements to a document, and then arrange and output them into a compelling and dynamic presentation."
"Simply put, this latest version of Quark is the powerful culmination of many years of development, industry-standard publishing, and a responsive, state-of-the-art piece of software that has adapted and improved to changing technologies, and the evolving needs of designers and publishers."
QuarkXPress also provides Bézier editing so you can remain in one application for page layout with high-end typography and vector drawing. With the non-destructive image editing capabilities, you can even manipulate images within the context of your design, without having to constantly switch to other image editing software.
Design, Layout, and Professional Print Output
Great design, of course, is only half of the equation. The other half is output; the final printed output must match what’s on the screen. This is ensured in QuarkXPress with print previews, soft proofing features, comprehensive color management, and support for international color standards.
Digital Design & Publishing
With QuarkXPress print designers are right at home and ready to go with their digital publishing projects. You can easily convert content from print to digital formats.
This version of QuarkXPress does NOT contain the feature to export as Kindle (export as Android app, iOS app, ePub and HTML5 Publication are of course possible). Of course you can convert the exported ePub file yourself into Kindle using KindleGen (free download from amazon).
• macOS 10.13.x (High Sierra™)
• macOS 10.14.x (Mojave™)
• macOS 10.15.x (Catalina™)
• macOS 11.x.x (Big Sur™)
• Min. 2GB RAM available for QuarkXPress
If you need help, please visit https://support.quark.com/support/home
QuarkXPress requires a subscription. We offer a monthly and a yearly subscription, which automatically renews unless you cancel it at least 24h before it expires.
▪ Compatibility with macOS Big Sur.
▪ Richer support for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), accessibility, maintenance, and integrations through semantic markup of headers in digital publications built using flex layouts.
▪ Easy and selective copying of interactive attributes within or across layouts.
Design and Layout
▪ Improved layout rendering.
▪ Smoother panning and scrolling of a layout on macOS supported devices.
Text & Typography
▪ Better text layout of languages with complex glyphs for excellent control and flexibility to position diacritical and other marks accurately using OpenType font support.
▪ Improvement in page border display when text shading is on for a paragraph breaking across pages.
Ratings and Reviews
it better than InDesign
I have been using QXP since version 4. But the app store popup is really annoying.
Ridiculous over-use of 'Rate this app' reminder
I have used Quark for many years and have personally recommended it to many people. However, the over zealous use of the extremely annoying 'rate this app' pop-up has prompted me to rate this scathing review. This morning I am updating a good number of existing documents with minor changes.... every time I hit save the pop-up appears. After the 25th time it became so infuriating I wrote this review so it would go away.
When I do flex layout, which is awesome when not in the apple store..it just closes itself..no error message or anything.. love to buy it off the apple store but kinda pricey
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the feedback. This issue has been resolved in the latest version 15.0.2.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Quark Inc.
- 979.6 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.9 or later.
English, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © 1986-2020 Quark Software Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $21.99
- Yearly $219.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.