A whole new way to communicate. Quick Talk is designed to be the most flexible, accessible, and affordable AAC solution available.
We are excited about the completely new design of Quick Talk AAC! Working with educators, therapists, engineers, parents, and individuals who are non-verbal, we have developed a communication that anyone can use! Quick Talk was designed with a simple mission - to change the world by giving a voice to those who cannot speak for themselves. Our goal is to make it as quick as possible for you to talk. We made this app as mobile, simple, and flexible as possible, so for one small fee you can have everything you need to communicate. Don't spend your time setting up; spend your time talking!
Quick Talk AAC has been effectively used by individuals with autism, down syndrome, cerebral palsy, apraxia, and other special needs, both at home and in a school environment. There is a huge need for an assistive technology that can equip those who are non-verbal with the ability to communicate. Typical Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC) devices and apps are either too expensive or too complicated. We have set out to change this by providing an affordable solution to everyone with access to iPad, iPhone, or iPod Touch. We developed Quick Talk with the advice and guidance from experts in speech therapy, educators, and individuals who use AAC devices to pack it full of features, while keeping simplicity and cost in mind. The outcome is a one-of-a-kind app that we believe will change many lives.
We believe Quick Talk is going to make a huge difference in peoples' lives and are committed to its continual improvement. Please email us any suggestions you may have about how we can further improve Quick Talk as we take your feedback seriously.
Key Quick Talk AAC Features:
** Easy to Use Design - easy to navigate, great to look at, and fun to use
** 50 high quality voices from 24 languages to choose from (male and female)
** Typing Mode - learns your favorite words and phrases as you type
** Sentence Strip to combine your words and phrases using both your personal audio and text-to-speech voice (iPad)
** Backup feature that allows you to save, share or transfer your profiles easily
** Profiles allow for multiple users and/or setups
** Includes Smarty Symbols library of 11,000 symbols developed by a licensed Speech-Language Pathologist
** Quick access to Yes/No from every screen
** Ability to personalize all Profiles, Categories, and Pages with personal
** Create pages with 2-8 speech buttons each to expand your options
** Create unlimited profiles, categories, and pages and personalize them with pictures, Text-to-Speech, or Personal Audio
** Easy navigation options for anyone to use
Icons from icons8
About Digital Scribbler, Inc
Founded by Russ Ewell, Digital Scribbler is a technology company, whose "built in the garage" origin story typifies Silicon Valley. This garage is now more mentality than place. It is a mindset which says, "If we can dream it, we can build it." We dreamed of creating an affordable communication app, which was capable of giving the verbally challenged a voice. It needed to be mobile, simple, and flexible. Quick Talk AAC was the result, and it has been helping those in silence speak ever since.
This app has been updated by Apple to display the Apple Watch app icon.
Added 50 high-quality voices from 24 languages to use for text-to-speech
Added ability to backup and transfer your personal customization to other devices using your favorite cloud storage (iCloud, Dropbox, Google Drive, etc)
Added thumbnails for category view
Added ability to customize Yes/No button speech
Updated for iOS 11
Ratings and Reviews
Need more improvement
Exactly what my autistic child needs, who has stronger reading skills than expressive skills. As promised, it's simple, quick to talk, and gives the user the option to create complete sentences which my child can read aloud to that other apps don't have. But, there are too many limitations/glitches:
1. Pls remove "new page" label from the Name, Caption, Text-to-Speech fields when adding a New Category, New Page, New Button. Or fade it out and allow us to write over it (eg: Netflix search field). It's a pain to have to backspace or select all/delete when adding info to this page.
2. Please add a delete option that can delete everything in the Name, Caption, Text-to-Speech fields such as creating a "x" delete button.
3. Please include a "Back" or "Cancel" button on the edit pages of the New Category, New Page, and New Button so that I have the option to change my mind about not saving the new changes or not adding a new category/page/button. The only way to back out of the edit page is to hit "save" which then kicks me out of the app completely.
4. Plus, if I don't have any info added to the Name, Caption, Text-to-Speech fields, the app crashes.
5. Every time I try to add a New Category, the app crashes. I have only created 3 categories and the app is already having a hard time handling extras.
6. Please give us an option to choose Not to create categories.
7. Please add an option to copy and paste a Button from one category to another category.
8. Please give user the option to "save to icloud" so that we don't lose all the info we have created when our device crashes, when we change to a new device, when we want to add a new device. Example, the option to use my child's iPod or my iPhone and not carry the bulky iPad with us on trips, and not forced to recreate the content in order to do that.
Thank you for your consideration. I am willing to pay extra for the requested updates.
A great and simple to use app!!
The ability to communicate is an essential life skill to have. It is important for my students with communication difficulties to be able to communicate basic needs and wants independently. It is also important for my students to have engaging conversations with their peers. Quick Talk facilitates this experience where my students can do both.
My students with low muscle tone and who have trouble coordinating the muscles find the two-option layout in Quick Talk easier to access and navigate information independently. The students begin by personalizing their Quick Talk settings, practice accessing their desired information with help and then work towards accessing the information on their own.
Quick Talk also facilitates a natural flow of conversation between peers and staff. Some students won't stay long enough to hear what the student with communication difficulties has to say. Using Quick Talk, students can access their information faster, allowing the students to engage in longer conversations.
The arrows on the screen are a helpful visual tool for the students to be able o now where to navigate throughout Quick Talk. Great app!!
A must-have for SLP's
I love this app! As a speech-language pathologist I've seen many AAC apps and this is the first that I've been able to use within minutes. It took me about 5 minutes to learn how to program the device and use it. I can use it with several of the students on my caseload, all with varying degrees of communication challenges, for Yes/No questions, simple choices, inclusion during circle times, classroom participation, and more. I don't have to switch devices or apps, I can just use Quick Talk. The teachers are able to program this app easily and it doesn't take several training sessions to implement use with their students. This app is able to bridge the gap between communicating basic wants and needs and complex phrases/sentences. It's the quickest way for providing someone with quick, functional communication.
The developer, Digital Scribbler, Inc, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Digital Scribbler, Inc
- 381.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2011 Digital Scribbler, Inc.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.