The Quicken Mobile Companion App is a free personal finance app to use with your Quicken desktop software.
The Quicken Mobile Companion App for iPhone and iPad syncs with Quicken desktop, so you can make smart decisions with your money no matter where you are. We stand behind our products with over 30 years of experience and a 60-day money back guarantee.
STAY CONNECTED TO YOUR MONEY ANYTIME, ANYWHERE
• Automatically syncs your desktop and mobile data.
• View your balances, accounts, and transactions.
• See spending trends and check your budget.*
• Enter transactions as you spend even when you are not connected to the internet.
• Search transaction history.
• Split transactions for an accurate view of spending.
• Snap and store a picture of your receipt.
*Budgets are not yet available for Quicken Windows 2016.
FEEL CONFIDENT YOUR INFORMATION IS SECURE
• Passcode-protected and backed by 256-bit encryption.
• Additional protection with Face ID and Touch ID.
• Data access guarantee: Always have full access to and ownership of your data.
USING THE APP
To begin using the Quicken Mobile Companion App, first create a Quicken ID from your Quicken 2016, 2017 or 2018 desktop software. You will need this ID to log-in to the app and begin syncing your data.
• iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad: Requires iOS 9 or higher.
QUICKEN VERSION REQUIREMENTS
• Quicken 2016, 2017 or 2018 desktop software for Mac or for Windows: Starter Edition, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business, or Rental Property Manager is required.
• For Canadian customers, the Quicken Mobile Companion App, will work only with Quicken 2017 and 2018.
• Budgets is currently supported only for Quicken Windows 2017 and 2018 and Mac 2016, 2017 and 2018.
• Investments are available for Quicken 2017 and 2018.
To learn how Quicken protects your privacy, please visit http://www.quicken.com/privacy
• Fixed: Resolved multiple bugs and crashes.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be more useful on the go
I enjoyed the Quicken software. The app is nice. But I feel that the app is just a regurgitation of what the desktop version is without customization. I feel that as a mobile app I need more customization. For example, I want to be able to see my budget right up front. When I am out and about, that is the information I care about so as to not blow my budget. The other information is great. And needed to make decisions on finances. But I would much rather just make those big decisions off the desk top version. I would like to see the app customizable so that I can view what I need to view on the main screen. Thank you.
Can’t use the app after the latest update!!!!
1) Since I downloaded the latest update about 2 weeks ago, now my app opens, flashes the account list & immediately minimizes. Double-click, choose the app from the open apps, same thing happens. Can’t use it. Left my previous review here (from 2016). I really need to find a better alternative. Add that I’ve just gotten off the phone with support about a syncing issue. List 2 months of data thanks to the (not) knowledgeable rep. Not a happy camper. 2) previous review...Agree with the other reviewer that everything is harder to read. But here's the kicker, when on my iphone, I try to add a note to a transaction and the keyboard pops up and covers the note field you ate typing in! I move it up above the keyboard to verify and then when I go to type, it disappears behind the keyboard again! It gets better, click 'Done' on the keyboard which on every other app makes the keyboard go away & here it adds a carriage return! Frankly, I don't think Quicken has an A-team. Support is terrible; design/programming is bad and testing apparently is not important! Who doesn't completely test adding a new transaction?? It's the basic functionality of the app! Sheesh.
What I was hoping when purchasing quicken was that my wife and I would be able to easily keep track of our income and monthly bills. The goal was to set up the desktop software, then use the app to be able to quickly glance at how much we have currently, and quickly view upcoming schedules bills and income so if we are out shopping, we can easily determine how much we have available to spend.
Since the desktop version can be not accessed on more than 1 machine, it makes the app vital to being able to use this as a household budgeting and finance tool, but it essentially just spits out some basic data, but doesn’t give any useful information such as a future calendar or list of future scheduled transactions and balances like you can get on the desktop version. The lack of this feature makes the app basically useless.
Hopefully Quicken adds some new functionality and usage ability to the app in the future. I’m currently looking for alternatives that will allow me to access my data everywhere rather than a single computer and in a useless app.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.