Quickly is for those times when you don’t need a to-do application to set a reminder.
Bring it up, set a time with an optional message, then get back to what you were doing.
• A fast, clear and familiar interface that gets out of your way.
• Use h/m/s abbreviations to specify a relative time, e.g. 3m 30. Or use colon notation such as to specify a time of day, e.g. 6:30. When you’re done, the time becomes a clear, easy-to-read format.
• Make minor adjustments to the time with the up & down arrow keys, and by 10-minute increments by holding the Command key.
• Keep track of multiple reminders in a way that best suits your workflow, using a popover, window, or widget.
• Activate Quickly using the app icon, the menu bar or a system-wide keyboard shortcut.
• Use a system alert sound, or add your own.
• Supports dark mode.
A single in-app purchase adds more features:
• Integration with the Reminders app to have Quickly reminders across all of your devices.
• Keep frequently-used reminders as favourites, and set using numbered keyboard shortcuts.
• To get your attention, you can choose to show the reminder in a dedicated alert window instead.
• Automate Quickly with the Shortcuts app, or AppleScript.
Version 2 is a major update:
• Set multiple reminders at once, and track using a popover, window or widget
- Add multiple reminders quickly by holding the Option key before setting a new reminder. This also works when setting a reminder from a favourite.
- The widget requires macOS 11 or later.
• The upcoming reminder is now shown more prominently
• The main window can be dragged from the middle of the screen
• Removed the “Allow time of day without suffix” preference. Typing the colon format will now be treated as 24-hour time. For example, “15:30” will be interpreted as “3:30 pm”.
• Delivered reminders are no longer automatically marked as complete when the main window is shown, allowing you to act on them when you're ready.
• Various other design changes
• Now requires macOS 10.13 or later
• Added an easter egg (macOS 10.15 or later)
These new features below require the in-app purchase:
• Temporarily hide all reminders from the alert window using the Snooze menu item
• Add frequently-used reminders as favourites, and set using numbered keyboard shortcuts or the pointer
- Manage favourites in Quickly Preferences, or add favourites quickly by holding the Control key, and clicking the star icon.
• Control Quickly using the Shortcuts app (requires macOS 12 or later), in addition to scripting
Ratings and Reviews
Good but needs work
Quick and easy and intuitive to use. However, I would really like to be able to set multiple notifications at a time, as my work requires many overlapping reminders (devs: I’d be willing to pay for this feature). Also, the sound doesn’t seem to be working though my volume is turned way up.
I wish it had the ability to have multiple alarms
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Philip Marell
- 13.1 MB
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2022 Phil Marell
- In-App Purchases
- Extra Features $3.99