Curate your personal library of found quotations. Collect, organize, and share your library and select a quotation for each new day. Quotemarks is deeply integrated with iOS so quotations can be searched, added, shared, and presented inside and outside of the app.
• Collect. Start your own collection as you discover sayings from influential people, phrases from movies, and lines of poetry.
• Organize. Tag your quotations and group by tag. Sort by your favorite authors or by date added to show a passage of time.
• Today. Schedule personalized quotations for every day to uplift yourself during hard times and stay motivated in pursuit of your goals. Opt-in for reminder notifications, use the today widget, or add a widget to your home screen (iOS 14).
• Archive. Your collection is yours to keep and not locked away. Export to a convenient CSV-formatted package for safekeeping or as a keepsake. Import from this package format, the legacy Quotebook formatted CSV, and other CSV formats.
• Share. Quickly save quotations found in other apps, and share select quotations from your collection.
• Search. Saved quotations will start appearing in your device search results.
• Miscellaneous bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
This app is good for storing quotes. It has clean appearance, backup and import capabilities, and the notification feature is nice. With the newest release it has taken several big strides forward. I hope that users of the app will support the developer’s efforts to keep making this app better.
I’d enjoy additional features for harvesting quotes, like dupe check, author drop down, and better integration with automation (shortcuts, url action, etc).
I recommend this app If you’re looking for a place to store quotes on IOS.
Font and UI is very small
There is absolutely no option to change the font and the font size is so incredibly small I don’t think it even uses system font size. It is the tiniest font on my phone and it’s not a black color so it almost washes out against the bright background. Literally giving people the option to change the font and size and making the color black would go a long way to making this even half as good as Quotebook. Too bad Quotebook never updated for bigger phone screens because the UI is still better. I paid for the full app thinking I would have more options in preferences.
Developer Response ,
Quotemarks dynamically adjusts font sizes based on your system settings. If you go to your iPhone’s Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Sizes > Larger Text. You may need to quit and re-open the app for a couple places to take affect. You can also write to me at email@example.com and I can explore what else I can do — Chris
Great App for Readers
This is a great way to collect and tag interesting quotations. While it has the basic features I have been searching for, it lacks two must have features: iCloud sync and the ability to collect quotations in different folders.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Christopher Hale
- 20.9 MB
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 15.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 15.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 12.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2023 Christopher Hale
- In-App Purchases
- Small Gesture $0.99
- Generous Thank You $4.99
- Token of Gratitude $2.99