Whether you love soul, bossa nova, funk or world music, or only swear by the greatest jazz legends, the Qwest TV app offers you a wide choice of programs dedicated to “jazz and beyond” which everyone from newcomers to longtime music lovers will enjoy.
HOW DOES Qwest TV WORK?
• Sign in to the Qwest TV app using the e-mail address linked to your Qwest TV account, and your password. All features of the Qwest TV app are available to new subscribers during their free-trial period!
• Every week, Qwest TV adds new videos. Browse the catalog or search for your favorite musicians.
• New playlists are added regularly (The Sounds of New York, Latest Releases, Guest of the Month…).
• Watch your favorite videos on your TV via AirPlay. (Chromecast via this app coming soon!)
• Detailed liner notes written by professional journalists and internationally renowned jazz experts (BBC Radio 3, Jazzwise, Noisey, The New Yorker, DownBeat, Radio Nova, Libération, Pitchfork...).
YOUR FAVORITE MUSICIANS ON Qwest TV:
• NEW TALENT: Robert Glasper, Avishai Cohen, Becca Stevens, Alfredo Rodriguez, Ambrose Akinmusire, Dhafer Youssef, Magic Malik, Roberto Fonseca, Hiatus Kaiyote, Chris Dave, The Bad Plus, Jason Moran, Snarky Puppy, Kamasi Washington …
• WORLD MUSIC: Salif Keita, L. Subramaniam, Gilberto Gil, Joao Donato, Fela Kuti, Goran Bregovic, Hariprasad Chaurasia, Melingo, Astor Piazzolla, Tomatito, El Cigala, Los Van Van, Youssou N’Dour, Hugh Masekela, Cesaria Evora …
• DOCUMENTARIES: Michel Petrucciani, Paco de Lucia, Blue Note Records, the Sound of Brazil, Charles Lloyd, New Sound of New York …
• NOT TO MENTION: Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, Quincy Jones, Sonny Rollins, BB King, Thelonious Monk, Wynton Marsalis, Ella Fitzgerald, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Aretha Franklin, James Brown …
THEY’RE TALKING ABOUT Qwest TV:
“A new video platform is seeking to raise the bar, offering a curated library of high-quality video content from across the jazz world” — The New York Times
“Support from musicians like Questlove, Erykah Badu, Kamasi Washington, Gilles Peterson, Marcus Miller and more” — Rolling Stone
"Qwest TV aims to bring the importance of jazz to the digital age" — Vibe
"Legendary producer Quincy Jones has jumped into the streaming pool with a new video platform for hardcore jazz lovers" — Mashable
"It's easy enough to find concert movies or music documentaries online, but watching them across various services is kind of a pain. Jazz legend Quincy Jones wants to help with that" — Endgadget
"A curated lineup of original content, jazz concerts, interviews, documentaries and archival footage never-before-seen that will education and entertain the masses” — Okayplayer
“Believe me: it’s a treasure!” — China Moses
“Musicians, music, all the stories, celebrating real music” — Marcus Miller
FOLLOW Qwest TV:
Facebook : facebook.com/qwesttv
Twitter : twitter.com/Qwest_TV
Instagram : instagram.com/qwest.tv
YouTube : youtube.com/c/QwestTV
A wi-fi connection and bandwidth of at least 5 MB (download) are recommended to watch videos. A weak connection in 3G or 4G may result in a less-than-optimal viewing experience.
Download-to-go/offline viewing will be available early 2019.
New and improved video player!
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
The content is exceptional but I can’t get this to stream consistent video for more than a minute or two before it freezes. The audio stream continues for a minute or so with exceptional quality but eventually cuts out as the frozen video doesn’t prevent your device from entering sleep mode.
This is a brilliant idea executed poorly.
Qwest.tv is amazing!
So many amazing concerts that I would’ve never seen otherwise... and who knew one of my favorite pianists Egberto Gismonti was a master guitarist too... found it out by watching his concert on Qwest.tv!
Looks great but unusable so far
I was very excited to find this, but so far it’s been completely unusable. Screens freeze, even while changing pages, and NONE of the concerts will play. I hope it gets fixed because the Jazz world needs this.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.