- Fixed bug where the selected result was getting mixed up between moving a mouse over it, and using a keyboard to navigate through them.
- The Escape key now uniformly works across the app, even with the search bar being selected, which previously stopped it from being detected.
- There is now a preference whether Qwiki should close when clicks are made outside of the window. So you can either choose Qwiki to stay open until manually closed, or dismiss itself when it's not active.
- The preferences now have a small description each, which should make them a bit clearer.
- Font weights have been altered throughout the app, to just make the experience a bit nicer.
Ratings and Reviews
Best Wikipedia app for Mac
This app got me to uninstall the aging, unupdated Wikibot app I’d been using.
Works great, fast, and has terriffic sharing options that includes iMessage (and recent people you’ve iMessaged!), as well as those apps/services you’ve configured in SystemPreferences->Extensions (eg Notes, Reminders, Twitter, Droplr, Day One, etc)
Nice utility but needs a few tweaks
I installed Qwiki on my mid-2011 iMac, and it works fine. It’s not clear from the photos on the App Store page, but it does show pictures from Wiki along with the text. It’s very handy, as I use Wiki quite a bit. As an aside, if you also use Wiki quite a bit be sure to contribute to support it and keep it ad-free.
My only suggestion is to clean up the way the the user interacts with the search box. When you click on the menu bar icon, the cursor does not jump to the search box; you have to click again in the search box to enter the search string. Also, you can’t paste into the search box using the Ctrl-C keyboard shortcut, you have to right-click and select Paste from the context menu. I hope the programmer fixes these two glitches in a future update.
I would also like the app to add an option in the app context menu so I can just highlight a word in my browser or word processor, right click and choose Qwiki from the context menu.
All in all a worthwhile utility with the potential to be even more useful.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.