Qwixx is the digital version of the popular dice game, that was nominated in 2013 for the german "Spiel des Jahres" (game of the year).
Qwixx is a quick-playing dice game that will have you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end! Qwixx is simple to play but each decision is crucial - the more numbers you cross off, the more points you score. With no downtime between turns you'll have a chance to gain from each and every roll. Just one round of this thrilling game and you will be caught up in Qwixx-fever!
• Official license
• Easy start into the game
• Game mode "Solo" for single players
• Game mode "Duo" for two players on one device
• Game Mode "Challenge" with a CPU (AI) player
• Using the app as a digital score pad or digital dice
• Local leaderboard for solo mode
• Supporting Game Center with leaderboard and achievements
- Added language: Dutch
- New Button: More Games
- Small Bugfixes and Optimisations
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I love the dice/board game of Quixx. This mobile version plays almost the same, although it limits the number of rolls. So you can run out of rolls before you run out of moves. I can live with that. But there are some things that need to be addressed. First, and most frustrating, is that you cannot simply start another game with the same settings you just used. You have to tap out of the finished game, tap to start a new game, confirm how many players, confirm your name, and choose your board for every single game. This must be streamlined. The game should assume settings are the same unless you go to settings (which means you need to add a settings icon). The "ready" button should be a "play again" button that keeps all of your settings and starts a new game. Play is smooth and fast, and the electronic board looks and feels like the real thing. I do like playing, but I would play it more if it wasn't so cumbersome to start a new game.
The other thing that would really add player enjoyment is being able to play against the computer. When you are playing a single game, you are not playing against the computer. You are just playing to try to get a good score. Having a computer opponent would be a lot more fun.
Overall, I really like the game. With these changes, I would love it and recommend it without reservation. Thanks for putting this game out there for those of us who love Quixx.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your suggestions. We're glad you like Qwixx. Another variant (game mode) with computer players is planned and currently in development. We also added you suggestions about restarting another game and will polish this procedure. Thanks a lot for you support.
I enjoy the game, but there are 2 things that would enhance it.
1) The review I just read from a year ago suggested the addition of computer players, and the app writers responded saying they were working on it. I would think a year would be PLENTY of time to add in such a useful feature.
2) I wish there was some way the game would identify me about illegal moves so I spend less time looking at them. For example, if I’m playing the standard game, say I’ve crossed off red through #10, my two white die are a 2 and a 3, and my red dice is a 4. It would be great if the game knew I didn’t have a legal red move, and did something to the red die to indicate that. Put an X over it, for example. That way I wouldn’t spend time looking at moves I can’t make anyway. I do NOT think this should be a default option; changing the appearance of the die wouldn’t make sense without some explanation.
That being said, don’t take my review as a poor opinion of the game! If you’ve ever played the physical version, this is it, but cleaner and faster. Definitely give it a try if you’re looking for a quick 5-10 minute game!
Developer Response ,
Thanks a lot for your feedback. We can't promise something regarding an online multiplayer, but different leaderboards are definitely on our list.
Awesome and some suggestions
Great game! I play the physical version and found this app/game by accident. Great job. Some suggestions;
- would like to see a different leaderboard for each variant
But more importantly for me.... STATS...
- a STATS page, for each variant, showing total games played, highest score (with name) and the AVG SCORE of all games played.
- then add a total OVERALL stats page covering the same numbers but totals and avg is calculated across ALL variants. Also show which mode has highest score (show name). This would be AWESOME!
Avg score would be very interesting to see... not per player but calculated from all games played... And showing these avg’s per variant would be even better.
Analytics/stats... make simple things even more interesting!
Great job with this game!
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you like it and will check if we can add some additional information and statistics.
- Outline Development
- 32.8 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, Dutch, German
- Age Rating
- Copyright © 2019 Outline Development. All rights reserved.
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.