RØDE Microphones presents RØDE Rec LE, an introductory version of its professional audio recording app, RØDE Rec.
RØDE Rec LE gives you the opportunity to trial the core elements of RØDE Rec free of charge, with the ability to upgrade at any time to access the complete professional feature set of the full app.
New in 2.8:
• Dedicated iPad interface – view the waveform, editing and a suite of controls on the one screen
• Improved interface
BROADCAST QUALITY AUDIO
• High resolution 24-bit, 44.1kHz stereo/mono recording (up to 96kHz when paired with the RØDE iXY microphone)
• Live input monitoring
• Output in multiple formats including WAV, AIFF, and CAF
• Direct publish to SoundCloud
• Upload via FTP
Upgrade to the full version of RØDE Rec to access all the features, including:
• Output in extended formats including MP3, AAC, Apple Lossless, FLAC and more
• EQ and dynamics: Compression, high/low-pass filter, and frequency cut/boost
• Preset recording profiles for a range of common situations (lecture, concert, interview and more)
• Real-time waveform and one-touch markers
• Non linear cut/copy/paste/crop
• Waveform looping
• Normalise volume and change gain levels
• Direct publish to Dropbox
• Extended SoundCloud Functionality
This update of RØDE Rec LE fixes a wide range of issues and bugs, including improved performance, stability and compatibility with iOS 9 and the iPhone 6s and 6 Plus.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Developers are shameless
I would give 0 stars if I could. I have written angry e-mails to Rode multiple times about the disgusting app they offer, but they don't care. Why would a support person care about anything their employer is doing? They just want to make money and go home.
So do I, by the way, but thats extremely difficult when you record audio and can't actually extract the files. You can't share files through any traditional manner. No messages, no Airdrop. If you want to e-mail a file, you'd better hope its a short file. (< 1 minute) Want to use File Sharing? Then you need to use this archaic web interface that hasn't been updated since 2008 (like the app itself)
By the way, none of these problems will be fixed in the pro version. They offer more broken ways to share files, and more broken features for you to become upset with. It is my genuine belief that some executive let his 15 y/o nephew program the app for free.
I have a 7 minute sound file paramount to my continued employment trapped inside the Rode Rec app. Too large to e-mail, and the soundcloud / file sharing features don't work. I've e-mailed Rode, I've messaged them on Twitter, and have heard nothing back, because of course I haven't. There is nothing I could do, except not have recorded the file in such an embarrassingly terrible piece of software. RIP, I guess.
Don't make the mistake I made. Do business with Rode's competitors like Samson or Yeti.
I can't believe it!!
I have no clue what their budget is for this app but I bet it isn't much. Really upset this morning. I needed a recorder for my Rode Wireless Filmaker Mic and decided to give the app a try. I can not obtain the file. I assume you must upgrade to the paid version to get the file but I am not sure if that'll get the files off my computer. I am beyond ticked at Rode right now. It has actually made me wonder if their products are even worth the price they sell them at. I spent 400 dollars on a mic, at least give me an app that runs if your going to advertise about your app.
No updates forever - UI badly needs an overhaul
I’d like to give this 5* and probably would have when I first bought it. However it’s been a “few years” since then and there have been no significant upgrades in capability or in UI.
From my use: it’s torturous to get a recording set up - yes, I know about presets - the sharing of the asset is looking as old as AOL and most times, frankly, it doesn’t work.
However, when the planets are aligned correctly, this app really works very well. Close to excellent. But time moves on and I’m finding I’m using the audio capabilities of FilmicPro more than I am of Rode Rec.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- FREEDMAN ELECTRONICS PTY LTD
- 18.1 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2012-2016 RØDE Microphones
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.