Flashcards actively engage students and pilots preparing for their checkride, as well as instructors looking for a thorough review to ensure currency and increase safety.
ASA’s R22 Helicopter Flashcards Study Guide is a must have for any pilot in command of the R22 Robinson Helicopter. Designed to facilitate memorization and deepen understanding of safe and effective helicopter operations, these flashcards help both civilian and military pilots master the aircraft. They’re not only useful to pilots preparing for their checkride, but also instructors looking for a thorough review to ensure currency and increase safety.
Nearly 400 flashcards are based on Sections 1-8 of the R22 POH. Topics include general information about the aircraft, as well as limitations, normal and emergency procedures, performance, weight and balance, maintenance, helicopter-specific IFR rules and regulations, and a section with special emphasis on R22 systems.
Each card is labeled according to the chapter in the POH from which the question was derived. On one side of the card is the question, and the flip side provides the answer. Questions reflect the information pertinent to safe operations in the Robinson R22 Helicopter. The answers include references to specific material useful for further study:
• POH - Robinson R22 Pilot's Operating Handbook
• AIM - Aeronautical Information Manual
• FAR - Federal Aviation Regulations
• IPH - Instrument Procedures Handbook (FAA-H-8083-16)
Compatible with Apple devices, the App features:
• 400 questions most frequently asked during a R-22 helicopter checkout, supported with succinct, ready responses.
• Ability to Mark questions from any subject to review collectively as a custom study session
• Includes all the questions and answers from the R-22 Helicopter Flashcards Study Guide by Freddie Ephraim.
• Brought to you by a trusted resource in aviation training and publishing, Aviation Supplies & Academics (ASA).
App artwork, UI updated to take advantage of the most current iOS tools and displays.
Ratings and Reviews
A major improvement would be a toggle feature to specify which R22 your flying and only show questions related to that model. Easy to accidentally memorize the wrong engine data for example. Primacy at work.
Please update revisions POH.
Great app. My one complaint is that I’m studying old material that will not help me with a check ride. The cards need to reflect changes that Robinson has made to the POH especially the Emergency Procedures. Please update! Great job ASA!!
Update Material to Latest POH Revision
Get with the times. The Electrical Fire Emergency procedure changed in 2016. It’s now 2019.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Aviation Supplies and Academics, Inc.
- 5.6 MB
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 13.1 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 13.1 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Aviation Supplies & Academics, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.