RaceBunny is a mobile companion App for TrailRunner, a route planning application available on the App Store.
- Record hiking trips, bike tours or running workouts using the build in GPS.
- Import planned routes from TrailRunner mini and follow their course.
- Switch between different background map styles like hiking maps or satellite imagery.
- Use RaceBunny in offline mode by loading all route details in advance.
- On devices capable of multitasking, keep recording your trips while RaceBunny runs in the background.
- Export recorded activities via Dropbox to your local computer.
- Import GPX files received from Mail or Websites.
- Use iCloud drive on you Mac to easily transfer GPX files to RaceBunny.
- Follow the path of imported routes.
- Or even follow and match the pace.
- For your orientation, display multiple background routes in different colors.
- Share routes stored in RaceBunny via Email to friends and other devices.
** Additional notes
- Continued use of GPS while running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
** About the author
RaceBunny is being developed by a single person (me, berbie). And as we all are connected over the net, I am almost located where you are! So feel free to use application feedback to directly contact me about your questions, problems and suggestions. Help me to further improve the usefulness of RaceBunny.
Better: improved map loading performance
Better: display MapBox Topo elevation in meters on metric systems
Fixed: stability issues
Ratings and Reviews
Racebunny has been improved steadily.
I've been using Racebunny as a primary GPS tracking app last three years. The main reason is that it's free and works very with Trailrunner, a GPS log management application in Mac OS X. However, racebunny frquently loses GPS signal and crashes. Nevethless, it has been improved steadily. Especially, it becomes credible recently. It means that the developers devoted much of their efforts without direct rewards. I'm very appreciated that.
Just what I need.
This app gives me everything I was looking for. It has received some bad reviews but keep in mind the maps are based on Open Street Maps so any error on the map is from that source. As long as you don't try to download excess tiles you will be able to zoom down to street level. Keep your tracks limited and download sequential tracks for long distances and this app will deliver.
Good for use with TrailRunner, but a bit buggy
Sometimes won't sync, and as someone else mentioned, you can't change the scale of the map during tracking. Nevertheless, it's still the navigation app i most often use.
- Wolfgang Berberich
- 19.2 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- This app may use your location even when it isn't open, which can decrease battery life.
- © Berbie Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.