RaceChrono Pro is a versatile lap timer, data logging and data analysis app designed especially for use in motorsports, replacing your traditional lap timers and data loggers. The RaceChrono Pro app also enables you to record videos and overlay them with the logged data.
RaceChrono apps have a strong following, currently over 100000 active users. If you look around at pits during your race or track day, chances are that you’ll see someone using RaceChrono. Even many professionals, such as factory test drivers and race driving instructors, are known to use this app! No matter whether you ride motorbikes, drive go-karts or cars, on closed circuit or special stage tracks – this is the motorsports app for you.
RaceChrono Pro has following major features:
• Lap timing with sectors and optimal lap
• Track library of over 2000 pre-made race tracks
• Custom user defined circuit and point-to-point tracks
• Smoothly scrolling data analysis with synchronised graph, map and video
• Predictive lap timing and time delta graph
• Hardware accelerated video export with configurable data overlay
• Multiple camera recording and picture-in-picture video export
• Video recording using internal camera
• Remote control of GoPro® HERO 2, 3, 3+, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8 cameras ¹⁾ ²⁾
• Linking and synchronising video files from almost all action cameras
• Support for external GPS receivers; Dual XGPS 150/160, Qstarz BL-818GT/BL-1000GT, VBOX Sport, RaceBox, PGEAR P600, Bad Elf GPS, Garmin GLO
• Support for OBD-II readers; OBDLink MX+ Bluetooth, PLX Kiwi 3/4, Carista OBD2 Bluetooth, Tonwon BLE 1/2/Pro, Veepeak OBDCheck BLE, UniCarScan UCSI-2000, OBDLink MX Wi-Fi, generic Wi-Fi OBD-II
• Support for Bluetooth LE heart rate monitors
• Unlimited session length, good for 24 hour races
• Session data export in .ODS (session summary for Excel), .NMEA, .VBO and .CSV formats
¹⁾ Only available on iOS 10 and newer
²⁾ This product and/or service is not affiliated with, endorsed by, or in any way associated with GoPro Inc. or its products and services. GoPro, HERO, and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of GoPro, Inc.
- Added new CSV v3 export format with more elaborate column headers
- Added export for Z1 Analyzer
- Added battery level indicator for multiple different type of sensors
- Added accelerometer and gyroscope data for GoPro sensor data import
- Improved: VBO export column names
- Improved: Nicer format for the solution in the Custom Channel Editor
- Fixed: Inverted accelerometer readings to match other platforms
- Fixed: Many bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Hands down winner
This is my firs time reviewing an app, that’s how extremely satisfied I am with RC Pro. I’ve tried Harry’s Lap Timer and Track Addict. RC Pro has the best and most simplest and reliable functionality but my favorite feature is the analysis tools. Harry’s and Track Addict can’t hold a candle to RC Pro! There’s lots of data available, it’s simple to interpret and consume and an invaluable post race tool that has undoubtedly left me a better racer and faster driver.
Great app for autocross!
As an app developer myself, I understand how important is for independent developers to receive feedback on the app they poured their heart and soul to design, develop and maintain. So here’s a shout out for a job well done!
I’ve been using your app for few years now for autocross only events. I average around 30 events per year, which probably puts me in the addicted category. I find the app an invaluable resource when I’m out at an event, as well as after the event. I use it to split the course in multiple sections, then analyze whether different approaches in a particular section work better than others.
After the event with my friends and competitors we combine our data to see how each of us drove. One idea would be to come up with an online service that lets us share an event’s map, then have everyone signed up for that event upload their data there. This way we can look up in real time at other people’s data. I know this is a lot more work for you, but it could be a potential recurring revenue stream after you sold the app.
One complaint I do have is that for the life of me I cannot figure out how to have the video camera start recording automatically when I’m at the start line, and turn off automatically few seconds (perhaps configurable in the settings) after I pass the finish line. The online FAQ is not very clear on how the video recording is supposed to work. At the moment I’m not using the video recording part of the app, which is really a shame since this would be extremely useful to have.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for the solid feedback! The video recording is turned on and off manually. I understand it has to be running for a while, just to get the one minute run in autocross, so admittedly it may not be well suited for your use case.
Doesn’t work! Waste of $19!
I ran this app at both Road Atlanta and Daytona. Neither time was the gps accurate enough to even remotely function properly. You have to buy a better gps for $100+ for it to work. It should be noted in the description that my phone’s gps (iPhone 8) isn’t accurate enough.
In response to the developer’s note below, my phone was mounted to the front windshield not in my pocket. I have a 100% stock Camaro SS 1LE, it certainly isn’t a racecar.
Again you need to note on the app that it requires an external GPS!
Developer Response ,
Hi, sorry for the bad experience. The iPhone 8 is quite OK for casual track days, but you cannot have the phone in your pocket. A phone holder is needed to keep it in view of the sky (and the satellites). If you have a racing car with high corner speeds, or need to keep the phone in your pocket, only then external GPS is absolutely required. You may also want to get an external GPS to improve data quality for better analysis.
Update: Yes, maybe the expectations could be managed better, but let me assure you that the app works even with the internal GPS on iPhone 8. This has been tested repeatedly. Naturally it will work better with the external GPS. It may be, that in your case there was something else that affected the data quality, such as device malfunction. Also it could be your expectation of the quality of the collected data was just too high. If you'd like to continue the discussion, you're welcome to contact RaceChrono support, and we could take a look at the recorded sessions together.
Data Linked to You
The following data may be collected and linked to your identity:
- Contact Info
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- RaceChrono Oy
- 43.7 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2007–2021 RaceChrono Oy
- In-App Purchases
- Reference session 1 $8.99
- Reference session 3 $0.99
- Reference session 2 $4.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.