Welcome to Radar MAX. Fast, intuitive and visually stunning iPhone and iPad weather radar app helps you prepare for the latest conditions.
* High-resolution weather radar (NEXRAD LEVEL 3, base reflectivity)
* Future radar. Up to 60 minutes ahead are displayed in 1 km x 1 km resolution every 5 minutes
* Radar map includes areas of rain and snow
* Active alerts (severe weather warnings)
* Storm tracks, future path for the storm
* Real-Time U.S. Composite Satellite Animation
Radar MAX is a great application for iPhone and iPad that displays high-resolution predictive weather radar around your current location, allowing you to quickly see what weather is coming your way. Radar MAX proprietary radar mosaics provide radar imagery at the highest resolution on different zoom levels.
Radar MAX gives you up-to-date animated radar imagery from the National Weather Service, with coverage for all 50 US states (and Puerto Rico and Guam!).
Radar MAX is recommended for those who are interested in weather, astronomy, aviation, hunting, fishing, travel, own or work on a farm or ranch, a private or vacation home, or work or play in a weather-sensitive environment or industry.
The radars cannot determine precipitation type (such as rain or snow). Radar MAX uses special algorithms to delineate between rain and snow.
Radar MAX shows animated weather, so you can tell if rain is headed toward or away from you, and how fast.
A weather radar is used to locate precipitation, calculate its motion, estimate its type (rain, snow, hail, etc.), and forecast its future position and intensity. Radar MAX shows tornado, rain, snow, and hail clouds movement on zoomable maps around your location in real time.
Precipitation type is indicated by the color. Green color indicates lesser precipitation while the yellow color code indicates intense precipitations. The color code red is indicative of the most intense precipitations. Blue color indicates snow.
* Full, animated radar from the NWS for the entire U.S.
* You may all of your locations to the map
* Current weather conditions and ten-day forecast for added locations
* play, pause animations at any zoom level
* fast forward and rewind using manual scrollbar
* zoom in and out, drag and scroll
* displays current position on the map
* multiple map styles - terrain, satellite or standard
* supports landscape mode on iPhone and iPad
* saves and restores your last position
* manual refresh option
* Designed for iOS 11
* Forecast Radar (Future radar). Shows where area of precipitation are expected to be in the next 60 minutes
* Animated cloud cover (Satellite images)
* Storm tracks, current, past and future storm paths
* Active weather alerts (areas affected by severe weather)
* Faster radar loading speed
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
This is an awesome radar app I live in East Central Florida the weather in Florida changes on a dime especially during the summer months when we get storms every afternoon and some of those storms can be a little on the strong side and every once in a while we get hurricanes the last couple of years it has been active hear so I depend on the crisp clean graphics on the radar app to be able to track the storms right down to street level it is very important to me to have street level radar the radar updates are accurate so if you want a good radar app than get this app you will not regret it it’s an awesome app
I have always studied weather and have been fascinated by it, so yup I have tried probably 80% of the apps out there looking for a basic and good radar app. Well this is it, it is not only good it’s great! Pretty sure you will like it, I really hope the developers don’t try to mess with it. Please leave it exactly how it is....
I love it! Keeps us safe, and able to decide when to stop for a meal to avoid driving in storms,; lets me know when it's safe to take a walk, which route to take, and even my 7 year old grandson can check the weather where he wants to go- e.g. The zoo, Hershey Park, the beach, for his soccer practice fields, etc.
The developer, Elecont LLC, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Elecont LLC
- 33.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
English, Arabic, Armenian, Azerbaijani, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Mongolian, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Serbian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Ukrainian
- Age Rating
- © 2007-2017 Elecont LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.