Maximise the value of In-Cockpit Flight Training using your iPad or iPhone, to learn and practice Instrument Navigation, Anytime or Anywhere, using Radio Navigation Simulator IFR PRO, (RNS-IFR PRO).
RNS-IFR PRO is a precision 2D Flight Simulator and Training Aid - Learn to manage, interpret, and become familiar with the VOR, ADF (RMI or RBI ) and Dual Needle RMI, DGYRO, HSI and DME instruments.
Students can start by simply finger moving the aircraft on the chart, observing the instrument response - progressing to full flight exercises, while tuning and managing the NAV radios, just as in real flight.
Fly pre-planned routes, or create your own from simple to complex, while navigating in a latitude and longitude area. Repeat as often as needed, always improving your instrument skills, anytime in a place of your choice.
Instructors can demonstrate to Students, basic VOR, ADF (RBI-RMI) with DME radio navigation, and advanced aspects using the HSI and Dual Needle RMI.
Experienced pilots will find RNS-IFR PRO valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
• Flight Panels optimised for iPad & iPhone, with retina display support.
• The simulator operates in an Exercise Area of approx 150 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB Navaids & Airfields.
• Scalable chart showing Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft position.
• Full chart management showing VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
• Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
• Flight Panel and area chart simultaneously displayed.
• A choice of five realistic Flight Panels with the following instruments:
• Directional Gyro, Horizontal Situation Indicator, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI-RBI), Dual Needle RMI
• Full Radio management of ADF, NAV1, NAV2 and DME.
• Real world magnetic variation model with current variation visible on the chart.
• Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
• Altitude management and display.
• Flights in Real or Compressed time.
• Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
• Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight area mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
• Flight Panels, instruments and chart managed with intuitive multi gesture interface.
• Touch button flying controls.
• Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
• Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
• Detailed User Manual,embedded in the App.
• Exercise Area chart and exercises are separately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference
In-App Purchase available (RNS-USA IFR Database):
• A USA database containing all the Navaids, Airports & Fixes in the 48 contiguous US States plus Alaska and Hawaii, derived from recent FAA/NFDC data.
• The data is selectable by ARTCC Region, to allow flight training within your area of interest.
• The first of a series of Information Videos is available on our website at www.digitalaviation.com.
Some Customer Reviews:
• RNS apps have been an excellent means of visually depicting cause and effects of instrument inputs as it relates to VFR and IFR navigation. In my opinion, a must for students, pilots and instructors. CFI
• I wish I'd had this tool when I first took my IMC rating - it would have saved me a lot of in flight training hours. This is a superb, intuitive, easy to use app. It will train your interpretation of the VOR and NDB so all you have to worry about in the air is flying the aeroplane
• RNS - Very nice and easy to use simulator. Strongly recommend that few bucks to test yourself in various places in USA
• A must have for all pilots - This is an amazing app. Busy with my night rating and then IFR and this helps you understand radio navigation in minutes. If you are a flight instructor get it
• A great app to practice radio navigation using VOR, ADF, DME
• This is a serious, professional, training aid. It covers real-time navigation with all the basic nav instruments
● iOS14 compatibility update.
● Revised DME range indicator for precise range display up to 99.9nm.
If you enjoy Radio Navigation Simulator please leave a Rating or Review on the App Store, as it helps us provide updates to the app. Thank you.
Ratings and Reviews
Great Flt. App.
Great app. to facilitate good navigation standards.
This app, in all the ways that matter, accurately simulates ground-based navaid navigation. It’s an excellent tool for practice and teaching, or just geeking out on your non-flying days if you’re a dork like me. It pairs best with ForeFlight to make a brilliant sandbox for the bored pilot.
Fly DME arcs, practice intersection holds, manage heading, altitude and airspeed -these are my ideas of a good time!!!
Good app, cheaper than practicing up there.
I am an instrument rating student and downloaded this app to practice entering holding patterns at VORs and NDBs, works great, it could be easier to manipulate the controls, but works as advertised. It sure beats paying $50 an hour for a simulator or more than that to actually fly, but still does the trick of making your brain think.
As a tip, you can zoom out all the way if you want to simulate partial panel (not seeing the nice glass moving map). It would be great that they added a no moving map option to practice this.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Gary Pallett
- 56.3 MB
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 11.4 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.4 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © 2001-2020 Digital Aviation
- In-App Purchases
- USA IFR Database $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.