*** Introductory 33% off sale! ***
Introducing Radium for Mac, the most beautiful and intuitive internet radio player you’ll ever use. Find stations in real time by name, genre or region, and tune in to your favorite radios with a single click.
Radium’s 20,000+ high quality stations, Equalizer, and built-in Wish List make listening to your favorite radio a breeze.
Discover new music
• Find new stations by name, genre, region, or any combination
• Love the playing track? Add it to your Wish List with a single click
• Quickly find what you feel like listening to by skimming through your stations' icons
Easily organize your favorite stations
• Click any station’s "+"/"x" icon to add/remove it from your favorites
• Click any station’s icon to change it
• To reorder your favorite stations, drag any station and drop it in its new place
Forget about the Settings
• Let Radium’s “Auto” mode select the best-sounding equalizer preset for each station
• Think another preset sounds better? Select it, and Radium will remember it for next time
• Let iCloud automatically sync your favorite stations, subscriptions, and wish list across all your devices. (Including Radium for iPhone!)
Share your favorite tunes
• Share a track you love on Twitter or Last.fm
• Generate a Radium link with one click and send it to a friend as simple text
Access your favorite subscriptions
• Radium supports many popular internet radio services, including Digitally Imported, CalmRadio, SiriusXM, and many more
Can't find your station? Send us an email and we'll add it in a jiffy. And don't forget to try the FREE iOS version!
Say hello: http://catpigstudios.com
Fixed an issue that prevented some users from activating premium subscriptions.
Ratings and Reviews
Lucky I have the old version
A while back I made it a habit to backup every single app I purchase on the App Store. This allows me to revert to a previous version in case an app gets updated and the update proves to be a failure.
I am so glad I did it. Radium has failed. The new UI is badly designed and the developers are not willing to acknowledge it. They run after their own head without listening to customer feedback. Well, fear not! I am running the 3.0.10 version which still has the great old UI! That works great.
The only caveat in the 3.0.10 version is that it’s no longer keeping the specified number of notifications in the notification center. I set it to show only the last 5 notifications, but instead it shows ALL of them (which is 20 max). But it’s ok. I can live with it. I rather have this minor annoyance than switching to the new and failed UI version.
Great app to use with SiriusXM Internet Radio
I was looking for a desktop app to listen to SiriusXM Internet Radio and this one does the trick. I like that I can just use this app for that purpose instead of having to open my web browser (note that a subscription to SiriusXM is still required). Two features that would make this app even more awesome is if you could have a button to play the current song from the beginning as well as a 'Live' button to immediately synch back to the live stream at any time -- both of which are available on the SiriusXM web player and iOS app. I don't know if this is something third-party developers have access to, though. Some tabletop internet radios with SiriusXM support (from manufactures such as Marantz and Grace Digital), I believe have these functions, so it might be possible for Radium to incorporate them as well. The developers at CatPig Studios should definitely look into this!
Use to like it
So development seems dead, really hate the fact that it just doesn’t drop down from the menu bar the way it use to, I really miss that. Still works but I am getting notifications with the ios version that it will not work with the next ios update, and I have seen nothing nor heard anything about updates coming, oh well it is not like othere apps haven’t died off either. I don’t really use it anymore, now the iheart mac app has taken its place, but if this one updated back to menubar drop down I would probably switch back. As far as getting radio stations it is one the best, I have never had a channel not work, and if I needed one added they use to do it, now though like I said earlier, you hear nothing from the developers
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.