It's Raiding Season! Plunder your way to Viking adventure in the digital adaptation of the award-winning worker-placement board game!
In Raiders of the North Sea, players assemble a crew and outfit a longboat to raid settlements for gold and fame. Impress your Chieftain in glorious battle and win your place among the legends of the North Sea!
It's Raiding Season!
Assemble a crew and outfit a longboat to raid settlements for gold and fame! Impress your Chieftain in glorious battle and win your place among the legends of the North Sea in this digital adaptation of the award-winning board game!
The Official Digital Adaptation of the Award-Winning Board Game!
Plunder your way to adventure as Raiders of the North Sea brings the strategy and fun of the hit tabletop game to digital life!
Deep Worker Placement Strategy!
Each turn you'll harvest resources twice: first by placing one worker, and then by recovering a different one!
Use your resources to hire a Viking crew and outfit your longboat!
Send your crew on daring raids to win gold and glory!
Survive battles with the legendary Valkyrie...or honor your Chieftain in a glorious death!
Amass Plunder and make sacrificial Offerings to win!
Many Ways to Raid!
Turn-Based Strategy lets you play at your own pace!
Learn the Oars in a full tutorial that teaches you the strategy of the game!
Lead Your People in single-player games against AI opponents!
Rise to Greatness in multiplayer battles!
● Pass & Play game mode has been added!
● AI Improvements. Initial pass on AI logic improvements have been made. Added Ragnarok mode! A special AI challenge game mode. Later Campaign games are now more challenging. More to come! Additional AI improvements and support for a Solo Variant are on their way.
● Added option to speed up animations during your opponent's turn.
● Camera will auto pan back to the village after your turn.
● You are now given an option to continue or start your game new, when resuming a game versus the AI.
● Phones - The size of the cards that show up when you press and hold a card or crew member in your hand has been increased to make it easier to read.
● More improvements to make it easier to drag and drop your workers.
● Phones - Viewing crew member cards have been adjusted so the last line of text doesn’t get hidden under your finger.
● Fixed bug where you could get notified to jump to a different game, while you were still taking your turn during Valkyrie selection.
● Bug fix for "Pay Less" challenge.
● Rules updated to include victory point amounts you get from the Valkyrie track.
● Game Center will now notify players when they complete an achievement.
● Badge notification when it’s your turn in a game.
● Fixed bug where game would not run on iOS 13.
● Improved the quality of the art on all iOS devices.
Ratings and Reviews
At first glance
I love this game! I’ve played the board game a ton. I would agree with the other review. The game doesn’t always recognize when I grab a worker. Also, is it possible to add how online gameplay works? Seems like there isn’t any guidelines on how turns work, meaning do you have unlimited time to take a turn or will the game automatically disqualify you if you take too long? I understand the game was just released, so I don’t expect for anything to be done immediately. Thanks!
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We are planning to make an update soon that will make it easier to pick up workers.
In Casual online games, users are given a few days to take their turn before they are kicked. In Live online matches, the turn timer is around a minute, and users are kicked if they allow it to expire too many times. If you have other questions or feedback, you can let us know at email@example.com!
Fantastic and Faithful to Board Game Version
Raiders of the North Sea is one of my very favorite board games and the app version is a faithful and accurate recreation. The gameplay is top notch, and the art, animations, and transitions are super smooth and immersive. One minor issue seems to be picking up and dragging workers was sometimes difficult - but it looks as though the developers have already addressed this issue in a patch.
Can’t recommend this game enough, and love that I can take it wherever I go!
With some work, this app could be the best of all board game renditions...
The graphics, gameplay and music are outstanding. I have 20+ board game apps and think the quality of this game is off the charts. However, as someone who plays solo practically exclusively, I am disappointed that there is only one difficulty level and it is way too easy. Someone new to the game would probably win on his/her first try. The game is so easy, there is little to no replay-ability solo.
This game could be the greatest solo experience if the challenge were there.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We will be adding improved AI and additional AI support and modes in an upcoming patch.
UPDATE: With the 1.2 Patch, Raiders of the North Sea now has a first pass at improved AI and a new Ragnarok AI challenge mode (with more to come!)
Let us know what you think via in-game feedback and at support@direwolf digital.com, and thanks for the support!
- Dire Wolf Digital LLC
- 403.9 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2019 Dire Wolf Digital LLC
Challenge friends and check leaderboards and achievements.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.