The Rail Planner App makes your Eurail or Interrail journey smooth and stress-free, whether you’re boarding your next train at the station or planning your next trip from your sofa.
Here’s what you can do:
Search for train times offline with our journey planner
• Search for connections across Europe without having to hunt for wifi or use up your data.
Plan your dream routes and track all your journeys in My Trip
• View your day-by-day itinerary, get statistics for your trip and see your whole route on the map.
Check station boards for arrivals and departures
• See which trains are scheduled to depart from or arrive at your chosen station in Europe.
Travel with ease with your mobile Pass
• Add a mobile Pass to My Pass and go paperless on your travels, from planning your trip to boarding the train.
Show your mobile ticket straight from My Pass
• Show your ticket in just a few taps to breeze through ticket inspection with your mobile Pass.
Book seat reservations straight from the app
• Go online to buy reservations for trains across Europe and guarantee your seat on busy routes.
Save money with extra benefits and discounts
• Search by country and get extra discounts on ferries, buses, accommodation and more with your Pass.
Find answers to all your questions
• Read FAQs for the app, your Pass and train services in every country for a smooth trip, wherever you’re heading.
We've updated the app with the latest European timetables, and now you can find your nearest train station without leaving the app. Here's what's new:
- See train stations on the map and check scheduled departures and arrivals for each one
- Use your location to find the closest station to you, so you can always find your way to your next destination
- Zoom in on a city in Europe to see all nearby stations, so you can plan your trip knowing which station is closest
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good update but with a bug and feature request
The UI of the new version is much better than before, and I highly appreciated that they’ve added the map feature. However, it seems to me that there’s a bug in the app that when I want to save the journey to my trips, it would say it added on the top banner but it was never being saved into my saved journeys. Other than that, it works like a charm.
I would also like to see that the app would also show which platforms the trains will be located at, and also some kind of a feature that would show us alternatives routes if I miss a train between a connection. And of course, it will never hurt if we could see the map of a station for tight connections.
And right now, I’m just brainstorming, but… apart from the local train schedule database, it would be awesome if we could see the schedule of a train station, or a live update of an upcoming train that I’m gonna need to catch? And it would be really nice if we can see which trains has WiFi/power etc.
Developer Response ,
Dear Knockerclot, thanks for positive review and your brainstorm to improve the app. We recognize a lot of your wishes!
To start with the first, we indeed had problems with MyTrips, your review has not been answered in time, but the problem should have solved in the meantime. If not, do you let us know at email@example.com?
Platform numbers would indeed help reducing stress levels when changing a train, we are working on a way to include (the majority) in the app. Station maps would be even better. The old app used to have an arrival/departure board for a specific station. We are looking into bringing it back. The current time table is offline so it doesn't need internet, in the future we could have real time updates if a railway carrier can provide us with these data (major western-european carriers may can).
If clicking on the details of a trains you can see the facilties, at least for German trains you can see "business services" which means wifi/power etc.
Could be better..
Honestly the new version looks much better, and I love the map feature. However, every update since the new look my map gets deleted. It’s really disappointing because I had 5 months of trains on that app that is now gone.
I’ve experienced so many serious shortcomings with this app, that I consider it an unreliable source. Routing that puts me on a bus instead of keeping me on the through train to the destination, a complete ignorance of Italian train scheduling for connections, missteps when routing to avoid seat reservations, total failure to place a selected seat reservation in the cart for purchase, telling me there are no trains to a destination when the German S7 lines accept a EurailPass, etc.
At best, use it in conjunction with Google Maps, get reliable schedules from the train companies directly, search on your own leg by leg to plan connections and transfers, show the app results to station ticket agents to get a good laugh, learn precise names for destinations for typing them in because the app is not smart, buy your seat reservations on high speed trains through a station agent well ahead of time. I don’t hate this app, I’ve channeled my disgust into constructive workarounds, but Eurail should be ashamed of itself for putting out such a shoddy product. It isn’t free if it leads you into making mistakes and missing opportunities.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.