RailModeller Express 4+
Create small train layouts
Jan P. Barnholt
- Offers In-App Purchases
RailModeller Express is a free application for creating small model railroad layouts.
Its key features include:
• A clean and intuitive user interface,
• Sophisticated tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts with up to 50 elements,
• More than 270 multi-brand libraries with 6500+ tracks and accessories (localized in English & German),
• Support for all common and many custom model scales,
• Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
• Definition of baseboards indicating the available area for a model railway layout,
• Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
• Automatically generated shopping lists,
• A price database automatically syncing item prices across layouts,
• Community Layouts with hundreds of track plans created by a community of fellow model railroaders,
• A file format 100% compatible with our "RailModeller Pro" app
The latest maintenance release fixes an issue with the Baseboard Assistant on macOS 10.13 and contains updates to the bundled libraries for track systems and accessories.
RailModeller Express 6.4 adds
• Search in Library Catalog and Layouts for locating elements across the entire catalog of track libraries and the active layout document
• A point editor to easily review and edit individual point coordinates of line and polygon elements as well as the corner points of baseboard elements
• Improved Touch Bar Support throughout the app offering e.g. preset zoom levels, parallel track distances, QuickFilter categories and more
Find detailed information on this update at https://www.railmodeller.com/news-en.html
If you have any questions about or issues with our app you can get in touch with us directly at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Exactly what I wanted!
I’m just getting into Z-scale modeling, and was in the midst of planning my first permanent layout. To help me with that task, I was actually just looking for a good 2D scale-drawing/CAD program, from which I had planned to make my own track-section templates. I was surprised to find this amazing tool, pre-loaded with ALL the Marklin and Rokuhan track sections available. For my needs, it is just about as perfect as I could imagine. Very easy to use, if you are even remotely familiar with other types of diagramming software. It’s even fun to use. I currently have the free version, but will happily pay for the upgrade to the $40 version, just to support the developer.
Challenging But Works
Colleague gave me some pointers and I got basic elements of the program to work! Hooray. Thre is a sharp learning curve, and undoubtedly the program has many "features" that I'll never use because I will never figure out how to use them. But for basic track layout planning it can be a useful tool.
I would not rely on the product for final installation of the planned layout (you will definitely need to fit and adjust) as there are too many uncertainties in the track layout plan produced by the program -- it suggests a degree of precision that I don't beleive is warranted -- but using this program did show me that PECO #6 turnouts would not work and that I needed to use #5 turnouts. (I will still test fit both.) That alone was informative.
A user guide would be helpful.
FINALLY!! A PLAN TO SUCCEED.
Grew up with 100yr old Lionel trains and several boxes of old school track. Every yr it was a competition to set up the most complex track under the Christmas tree. But with the new Fastrack, I was struggling! Paid $1 not even, just .99 and got a parts list to boot! almost as good a present as the track I got for Christmas. Took me 5 min to learn the program and build the track. THANK YOU SO MUCH !
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jan P. Barnholt
- 25.5 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright (c) 2023 Isle of the Kakapo
- In-App Purchases
- RailModeller Express Tip Jar: "Economy" Tip $1.99
- RailModeller Express Tip Jar: "Supporter" Tip $4.99
- RailModeller Express Tip Jar: "Aficionado" Tip $6.99