RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- More than 270 multi-brand libraries including 7000 tracks and accessories (fully localized in English and German),
- TruScale libraries (signals, accessories) adapting automatically to all model scales,
- Support for all common and many custom model scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Export to JMRI's PanelPro app for controlling model trains (DCC)
- Community Layouts with hundreds of track plans created by a community of fellow model railroaders
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
What's New in this Maintenance Update:
• Enhanced handling of parallel track pieces in functions that create a grade to the selected track and grade a section of connected tracks.
• The reworked detection for track selections not suitable for editing track grades now provides more actionable guidance and recognizes a wider range of scenarios.
• The enhanced Element Properties inspector now also displays grade or angle values for multiple items, when all tracks share common settings.
• The updated inspector for user-generated bumper (buffer stops) decorations, which can be added to any straight, curved, or flex track, now supports the direct entry of the bumper distance from the end of the track for both single tracks and selections of multiple items
• New base textures have been added for the 3D mode, and an issue with track base texture rendering on specific Mac systems has been addressed.
Additionally, a new button has been added the welcome window, allowing users to conveniently send support emails alongside the existing help menu function.
Furthermore, we have resolved a bug related to the use of a custom grid color.
This release also includes several supplementary bug fixes, along with updates to the bundled libraries for track systems and accessories.
RailModeller Pro 6.4 adds
• A Search feature to locate elements across the entire catalog of track libraries and the active layout document
• A point editor to easily review and edit individual point coordinates of line and polygon elements as well as the corner points of baseboard elements
• Improved Touch Bar Support throughout the app offering e.g. preset zoom levels, parallel track distances, QuickFilter categories and more
Additional changes in version 6.4 include
• A new inspector for text elements showing the font and a summary of the selection
• Improvements to the Info inspector
• Selections consisting of elements with multiple stroke or fill colors now show a multi-value indicator similar to e.g. Numbers
• Improvements and bug fixes for the stock and the custom key bindings editor
RailModeller Pro 6.4 runs natively on Apple silicon Macs and Intel Macs.
Find detailed information on this update at https://www.railmodeller.com/news-en.html
For any questions or issues you might come across while using our app, we encourage you to get in touch. You can do this by selecting the "Help > E-Mail Support" option in the app, using the contact form on our website, or by sending an email to email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Designing layouts is fun again.
I've been looking for a well written track layout program for the MAC for some time. This program was well worth the wait. It stands head and shoulders above the competition. The libraries are extensive. The features are numerous. The printing function is a joy. Design the layout, print in 1:1 size. Lay the sheets out on the table and place the track on the sheets. No guess work! You know the layout works or doesn't before the first track is laid. Unlike many other apps that promise 'Tech support' will answer your inquiry in a day or two and forget about you, THIS tech support REALLY does return eMails (often times in less than 48 hours) and provide solutions. THAT feature alone is worth its weight in gold. If only more people would encourage the developer to build an iPad version commuting and down time would be more productive.
Bravo on a well written app
Best Bang for the Price
For years I used RR-Track to design several layouts in HO and O Scale. Got to be very well versed in all of its features and options. Got rid of my PC’s and bought a Mac. Great move but RR_Track does not offer a Mac version of there software. Sniffed around on the web and tried a few compeditors. Tried to balance price and features. Came across RailModeller, tried the FREE version and figured it was worth the price so I bought the PRO version. Took a few hours to learn some of the features but I bacame very comfortable with it and am enjoying the process of designing a new 11’ x 22’ HO layout for my basement.
Right now the main enhancement that I would like to see would be an expanded library to include maybe 10-15% of the buildings that Walthers offers. The current offerings in RailModeller is very limited.
I would recommend this software to EVERY Mac user on the planet.
So many features!!!
I would rate this 5/5 but it has SO many features that it takes quite a while to learn how to use them all properly and in turn how to really design robust layouts.
But, there are tons of really good docs and tutorials built in that will walk you through what you want to do. So, if you are open to learning then you will find this program VERY useful.
That said, the program is incredibly good and really helped me get my head around some pretty intircate layout ideas and rule out things that were geometircally impossible.
The only notable downsides are that:
-it seems to count flex track by segment, and not by the total # of linear inches. Not a big deal. jsut keep an eye on the paerts lsit it generates and "fact check" it before you go to the store.
-as far as I can figure, the tunnel option only lets you put whole track segments into a tunnel and not start a tunnel mid-segment.
-It tends to want to resize the whole layout if things get neer the edge even if thety don't go over it.
Some of the best features are:
- it won't let you bend a flex track in absurd or unachievable ways.
- it is REALLY good at handling inclines and layers, once you fiogure out how to do it.
- the track library is incrediblly robust, it seems to have all the parts from every maker - some of whom ive never even heard of.
- it shows you clearly open joints and has a "magic tool" to close them.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jan P. Barnholt
- 26.9 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.13 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright (c) 2023 Isle of the Kakapo
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.