RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- More than 250 multi-brand libraries with 6000+ tracks and accessories (fully localized in English and German),
- TruScale libraries (signals, accessories) adapting automatically to all model scales
- Support for all common and many custom model scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Export to JMRI's PanelPro app for controlling model trains (DCC)
- Community Layouts with hundreds of track plans created by a community of fellow model railroaders
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
This update improves the Library Catalog with a new option to hide obsolete elements and displaying an indicator when catalog contents are being filtered in any way,
fixes some drawing glitches with baseboards, enhances the inspector for dimension elements, enhances compatibility with the upcoming macOS 10.15,
and features a number of additional, smaller improvements as well as updates to the libraries bundled with the app.
New in RailModeller Pro 6.1:
- A new QuickFilter to the Library Catalog to quickly filter the current library for specific types of elements,
- Introduces an export to JMRI's PanelPro application for computer-controlled model railroads,
- Improves all aspects of the Community Layouts feature making it easy to browse the most popular layouts or model scales in a new leaderboard, find related layouts in the overhauled details view, or quickly spot the overall dimensions for layouts,
- Enhances the 3D Mode with a new settings panel offering additional control over how tracks are shown in 3D such as optionally hiding tunnel tracks, a new dark mode and other customization options,
- Allows tracks to be positioned anywhere between -10m and 10m,
- Enhances the functionality for editing baseboards,
- Adds a new 'Visible Layers' filter mode in the Part List,
- Extends Community Layouts with an optional web URL field,
- Optimizes the app for running on small laptop screens.
If you have any questions about or issues with our app please get in touch with our support at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Great software for designing model railroad layouts
Railmodeller is very easy to use and has made it simple for me to lay out my new H0 scale modular layout which uses Fleischmann Profi H0 track. I use it to test various track configurations and am pleased with the layout it's enabled me to design.
I am now trying to lay out a copy of my H0 layout in Fleischmann Profi N track (with roadbed) but there seem to be some problems with the track library: elements don't align as they should. I'm hoping this can be fixed as Railmodeller is the only good Mac layout planning software I've found.
Best Bang for the Price
For years I used RR-Track to design several layouts in HO and O Scale. Got to be very well versed in all of its features and options. Got rid of my PC’s and bought a Mac. Great move but RR_Track does not offer a Mac version of there software. Sniffed around on the web and tried a few compeditors. Tried to balance price and features. Came across RailModeller, tried the FREE version and figured it was worth the price so I bought the PRO version. Took a few hours to learn some of the features but I bacame very comfortable with it and am enjoying the process of designing a new 11’ x 22’ HO layout for my basement.
Right now the main enhancement that I would like to see would be an expanded library to include maybe 10-15% of the buildings that Walthers offers. The current offerings in RailModeller is very limited.
I would recommend this software to EVERY Mac user on the planet.
Building my layout with no diagram other than what was in my head, I didn’t like it when all the track was laid down and trains were running. Track and cork were glued down and unsalvageable. Ripped up and threw away 3/4 of it. Spent the next 2 month utilizing this great piece of software designing my new layout. I have tried others and wasn’t impressed as I am with RailModeller Pro and the learning curve wasn’t that bad. Started building the layout per drawing and toward the end didn’t thing it was going to fit. Boy was I wrong!!! Worked out perfect per the drawing. Only problem I have and I know it is me is understanding how to do elevations, it was frustrating at times. The author of the software responds quickly given the time difference and is highly helpful. I fully without a doubt recommend RailModeller Pro!!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.