RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- More than 260 multi-brand libraries with 6000+ tracks and accessories (fully localized in English and German),
- TruScale libraries (signals, accessories) adapting automatically to all model scales
- Support for all common and many custom model scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Export to JMRI's PanelPro app for controlling model trains (DCC)
- Community Layouts with hundreds of track plans created by a community of fellow model railroaders
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
This maintenance release delivers some bug fixes and updates the bundled track libraries.
RailModeller Pro 6.4 adds
• Search in Library Catalog and Layouts for locating elements across the entire catalog of track libraries and the active layout document
• A point editor to easily review and edit individual point coordinates of line and polygon elements as well as the corner points of baseboard elements
• Improved Touch Bar Support throughout the app offering e.g. preset zoom levels, parallel track distances, QuickFilter categories and more
Additional improvements in this update include
• A new inspector for text elements showing the font and other statistics for the selection
• Improvements to the Info inspector
• Selections consisting of elements with multiple stroke or fill colors now show a multi-value indicator similar to e.g. Numbers
• Smaller enhancements and bug fixes to Community Layouts
• Improvements and bug fixes for the stock and the custom key bindings editor
RailModeller Pro 6.4 runs natively on Apple silicon Macs and Intel Macs.
Find detailed information on this update at https://www.railmodeller.com/news-en.html
If you have any questions about or issues with our app please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ratings and Reviews
Best Bang for the Price
For years I used RR-Track to design several layouts in HO and O Scale. Got to be very well versed in all of its features and options. Got rid of my PC’s and bought a Mac. Great move but RR_Track does not offer a Mac version of there software. Sniffed around on the web and tried a few compeditors. Tried to balance price and features. Came across RailModeller, tried the FREE version and figured it was worth the price so I bought the PRO version. Took a few hours to learn some of the features but I bacame very comfortable with it and am enjoying the process of designing a new 11’ x 22’ HO layout for my basement.
Right now the main enhancement that I would like to see would be an expanded library to include maybe 10-15% of the buildings that Walthers offers. The current offerings in RailModeller is very limited.
I would recommend this software to EVERY Mac user on the planet.
So many features!!!
I would rate this 5/5 but it has SO many features that it takes quite a while to learn how to use them all properly and in turn how to really design robust layouts.
But, there are tons of really good docs and tutorials built in that will walk you through what you want to do. So, if you are open to learning then you will find this program VERY useful.
That said, the program is incredibly good and really helped me get my head around some pretty intircate layout ideas and rule out things that were geometircally impossible.
The only notable downsides are that:
-it seems to count flex track by segment, and not by the total # of linear inches. Not a big deal. jsut keep an eye on the paerts lsit it generates and "fact check" it before you go to the store.
-as far as I can figure, the tunnel option only lets you put whole track segments into a tunnel and not start a tunnel mid-segment.
-It tends to want to resize the whole layout if things get neer the edge even if thety don't go over it.
Some of the best features are:
- it won't let you bend a flex track in absurd or unachievable ways.
- it is REALLY good at handling inclines and layers, once you fiogure out how to do it.
- the track library is incrediblly robust, it seems to have all the parts from every maker - some of whom ive never even heard of.
- it shows you clearly open joints and has a "magic tool" to close them.
Building my layout with no diagram other than what was in my head, I didn’t like it when all the track was laid down and trains were running. Track and cork were glued down and unsalvageable. Ripped up and threw away 3/4 of it. Spent the next 2 month utilizing this great piece of software designing my new layout. I have tried others and wasn’t impressed as I am with RailModeller Pro and the learning curve wasn’t that bad. Started building the layout per drawing and toward the end didn’t thing it was going to fit. Boy was I wrong!!! Worked out perfect per the drawing. Only problem I have and I know it is me is understanding how to do elevations, it was frustrating at times. The author of the software responds quickly given the time difference and is highly helpful. I fully without a doubt recommend RailModeller Pro!!!
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Jan P. Barnholt
- 24.3 MB
- Graphics & Design
- Requires macOS 10.12 or later.
- Age Rating
- © Copyright (c) 2021 Isle of the Kakapo
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.