RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- More than 250 multi-brand libraries with 6000+ tracks and accessories (fully localized in English and German),
- TruScale libraries (signals, accessories) adapting automatically to all model scales
- Support for all common and many custom model scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Export to JMRI's PanelPro app for controlling model trains (DCC)
- Community Layouts with hundreds of track plans created by a community of fellow model railroaders
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
Maintenance update 6.2.3 improves some aspects of the JMRI layout export (DCC), extends the optional mouse coordinate display to also show Z coordinates for the height profile view and delivers some bug fixes.
RailModeller Pro 6.2 delivers features repeatedly requested by our users, including
• the option to terminate any open track connection with a bumper/buffer stop,
• an optional mouse cursor coordinate display,
• exporting to a layered PSD (Photoshop) bitmap image with dedicated image layers for each layer in the track plan,
• new track base textures for the 3D view and the option to use no texture at all,
• improvements to flex tracks such as smoother curves for parametric curved flex tracks,
In addition this update includes a number of cosmetic improvements to the Community Layouts browser for track plans uploaded by fellow model railroad hobbyists,
as well as numerous updates and new additions to the libraries bundled with the app.
If you have any questions about or issues with our app please get in touch with our support at email@example.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Best Bang for the Price
For years I used RR-Track to design several layouts in HO and O Scale. Got to be very well versed in all of its features and options. Got rid of my PC’s and bought a Mac. Great move but RR_Track does not offer a Mac version of there software. Sniffed around on the web and tried a few compeditors. Tried to balance price and features. Came across RailModeller, tried the FREE version and figured it was worth the price so I bought the PRO version. Took a few hours to learn some of the features but I bacame very comfortable with it and am enjoying the process of designing a new 11’ x 22’ HO layout for my basement.
Right now the main enhancement that I would like to see would be an expanded library to include maybe 10-15% of the buildings that Walthers offers. The current offerings in RailModeller is very limited.
I would recommend this software to EVERY Mac user on the planet.
Building my layout with no diagram other than what was in my head, I didn’t like it when all the track was laid down and trains were running. Track and cork were glued down and unsalvageable. Ripped up and threw away 3/4 of it. Spent the next 2 month utilizing this great piece of software designing my new layout. I have tried others and wasn’t impressed as I am with RailModeller Pro and the learning curve wasn’t that bad. Started building the layout per drawing and toward the end didn’t thing it was going to fit. Boy was I wrong!!! Worked out perfect per the drawing. Only problem I have and I know it is me is understanding how to do elevations, it was frustrating at times. The author of the software responds quickly given the time difference and is highly helpful. I fully without a doubt recommend RailModeller Pro!!!
Almost as much fun as working on my layout.
Seller is very responsive to questions and ideas. Upgrades and improvements come about every month or so, which is pretty spectacular for any software. There is a very unique item in the help menu called “Vote for feature requests” that allows the programmers to focus on the features that us users want the most. I am a long time user and can say that they absolutely pay attention to us. I believe that because I spent so much time using Railmodeller that my layout makes the best use of the space I have. No more 5 tons of spaghetti in a 1 ton bowl.
Adendum for current version: I am currently building the layout I designed with this fantastic software, and now it is helping me design my streets and towns as well. Very happy with this software.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.