RailModeller Pro is a planning tool for designing model railroad and slot car layouts.
Key features include:
- Layouts of up to 10 x 10km (6.2 x 6.2 miles) in size,
- More than 250 multi-brand libraries with 6000+ tracks and accessories (fully localized),
- TruScale libraries (signals, accessories) adapting automatically to all model scales
- Support for all common and custom model scales,
- A clean and intuitive user interface,
- Comprehensive set of tools to quickly build awesome model train layouts,
- Assistants for placing tracks at different heights and creating grades,
- Up to 99 layers per layout,
- Customizable modes for viewing the layout in two and three dimensions,
- Assistant to easily add baseboards for many common layout outlines,
- Image import (PNG, JPEG, PSD, GIF, TIFF, PDF, and others),
- Dedicated tools for creating tunnel sections,
- Automatically generated shopping lists,
- A price database automatically synchronizing item prices across layouts,
- Printing layouts on any scale from a single sheet of paper to full 1:1 scale,
- Exporting layouts in various image file formats at any resolution,
- Community Layouts with layouts created by a community of fellow model railroaders
- Integrated stock management for your inventory of tracks.
This maintenance update improves the handling of CSV files containing stock data edited and saved with Apple's Numbers app,
adds support for Wye turnouts when exporting for JMRI, features a number of additional, smaller improvements and updates the libraries bundled with the app.
New in RailModeller Pro 6.1:
- A new QuickFilter to the Library Catalog to quickly filter the current library for specific types of elements,
- Introduces an export to JMRI's PanelPro application for computer-controlled model railroads,
- Improves all aspects of the Community Layouts feature making it easy to browse the most popular layouts or model scales in a new leaderboard, find related layouts in the overhauled details view, or quickly spot the overall dimensions for layouts,
- Enhances the 3D Mode with a new settings panel offering additional control over how tracks are shown in 3D such as optionally hiding tunnel tracks, a new dark mode and other customization options,
- Allows tracks to be positioned anywhere between -10m and 10m,
- Enhances the functionality for editing baseboards,
- Adds a new 'Visible Layers' filter mode in the Part List,
- Extends Community Layouts with an optional web URL field,
- Optimizes the app for running on small laptop screens.
If you have any questions about or issues with our app please get in touch with our support at email@example.com
Ratings and Reviews
Best Bang for the Price
For years I used RR-Track to design several layouts in HO and O Scale. Got to be very well versed in all of its features and options. Got rid of my PC’s and bought a Mac. Great move but RR_Track does not offer a Mac version of there software. Sniffed around on the web and tried a few compeditors. Tried to balance price and features. Came across RailModeller, tried the FREE version and figured it was worth the price so I bought the PRO version. Took a few hours to learn some of the features but I bacame very comfortable with it and am enjoying the process of designing a new 11’ x 22’ HO layout for my basement.
Right now the main enhancement that I would like to see would be an expanded library to include maybe 10-15% of the buildings that Walthers offers. The current offerings in RailModeller is very limited.
I would recommend this software to EVERY Mac user on the planet.
Almost as much fun as working on my layout.
Seller is very responsive to questions and ideas. Upgrades and improvements come about every month or so, which is pretty spectacular for any software. There is a very unique item in the help menu called “Vote for feature requests” that allows the programmers to focus on the features that us users want the most. I am a long time user and can say that they absolutely pay attention to us. I believe that because I spent so much time using Railmodeller that my layout makes the best use of the space I have. No more 5 tons of spaghetti in a 1 ton bowl.
Adendum for current version: I am currently building the layout I designed with this fantastic software, and now it is helping me design my streets and towns as well. Very happy with this software.
Detailed, and Wonderful
Yes, it is a little intimidating to start working with, but worth it! It is only because it does so much. I have been able to design my layout, identify the elevation of each section, I identified the section of track I wanted to transition from one elevation to another and it calculated the grade and captured the transition, tools that let you see and measure the distance between two points, displaying the layout in a simplified 3D rendering, allowing you to select your gauge, showing the track elements and their sizes for your chosen vendor, calculate the pieces required to join small gaps within your chosen tolerance, blah-blah-blah.
If you arent sure, then try the free Express version. Get used to it, and I think you’ll love it. This is what I’ve been looking for.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.