Random Encounters 5E is designed to allow the Dungeon Master to quickly generate encounters for an adventure, whether that is a wandering monster they come across in the Underdark, a series of encounters for a desert adventure or even filling a cave up with orcs, ogres and hill giants, which makes it a great D&D app for any DM's toolset.
ORGANIZE YOUR ADVENTURE'S ENCOUNTERS and TREASURE
The ability to save up to 16 encounters means a DM can plan out an adventure, using the generator to help seed encounters. The DM can even edit the encounter and add new creatures (even custom ones) to the mix. The combat aid will even help keep track of initiative and combat.
Random Encounters 5E can also generate random treasure from an individual's treasure, a boss's prized possessions or even a whole treasure horde. The treasure generator can also roll up random scrolls, potions, weapons, armor or miscellaneous magic items.
INCLUDES TOME OF FOES AND THE GUIDE TO MONSTERS
Random Encounters includes two additional monster manuals as optional settings. This provides plenty of variety in the type of encounters that can be generated while allowing you to tailor the encounters to the source books you own.
RANDOM ENCOUNTERS KEY FEATURES:
* Generate by Environment: Arctic, Coastal, Volcanic, Mountain, Desert, Hills, Forest, Underdark, Grassland, Swamp, Astral and Urban
* Generate by Type: Any, Aberration, Construct, Dragon, Elemental, Fey, Fiend, Giant, Humanoid, Monstrosity, Undead.
* Generate by Group: Bandits, Cultists, Orcs, Goblins, Demons, Devils, Undead, Giants, Dragons and more.
* Generate encounters based on Challenge Rating and Number of Players, and adjust even further for Easy, Medium, Hard or Deadly encounters.
* Customize the encounter by adding creatures, even custom monsters of your own making.
* Save up to 16 encounters when planning your next adventure.
* Combat aid allows automatic initiative rolls for creatures, keeping track of current hit points and a notes field.
* Supports Volo's Guide to Monsters and the Tome of Foes as optional expansions.
RANDOM TREASURE KEY FEATURES:
* Generate treasures appropriate for a chest, large chest, individual, boss or entire horde
* Specifically generate scrolls, potions, weapons, armor or magic items
* Edit coin totals and add new magic items
* Save up to 16 treasures
HOW TO USE RANDOM ENCOUNTERS AS A DM:
* Build a quick one-off adventure by drawing or downloading a quick map and using the Random Encounters app to generate 6-8 encounters based on the CR of the party.
* Spice up your campaign by adding quick encounters while exploring swamps, deserts, volcanic mountains or the arctic tundra.
* Flexible wandering monsters lets you quickly roll up appropriate creatures for the Underdark or target a particular type of monsters such as an undead wandering encounter for a crypt.
* Generate Encounters and Treasure for Brainstorming. The ability to add and subtract from the encounters allows the DM to use the random generation as a base to start from when building custom adventures.
* Added Tome of Foes. This free content update can be turned on in settings.
* New interface should make getting around the app easier
* Better support for phones with notches
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Great tool for DM
Just purchased this app. The User Interface is simple, but that is perfect for an app that i will use in the heat of a session. It requires no instructions or tutorials. I love the fact that the page for each monster is listed when you generate an encounter. The treasure generator is helpful as well. My only critique is there are no descriptions for the treasure. Which is either helpful or not depending on whether you want to make up your own description or not. All in all, this app is very helpful, and I’m glad i dropped the .99 cents to buy it!
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Daniel Nations
- 109.6 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 8.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
- Age Rating
- © Daniel Nations
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.