The Pro version of the popular Random Name Selector is a Fun classroom management tool, designed for Teachers, that will engage and entertain students.
Make sure everyone gets a turn in a fun and engaging way!
Simply create one or more groups (a Class or Group of Students). Add students to those groups. The App will then randomly select students from the highlighted group. All names will be displayed before a name is displayed for a second time.
• Call on your students in a different order every time.
• If you want to exclude a Student/s from the selection, simply turn them off in the settings screen. This can be particularly useful for any absentees.
• You can delete and edit Groups / Group member names easily inside the app.
• The number of Students / Groups is limited only by the amount of free space on your device.
• Use a FREE Dropbox account to backup and “Sync” your Groups/Group members with your other devices. You can even use the same Groups/Group members in our “Random Team Selector Pro” app (separate purchase).
• If you have a lot of Groups/Group Members to define you can even import them from a text or CSV file.
• The teacher can determine how many times any single name can be displayed. This avoids the problem of students “switching off” once their name has been selected once.
• This is a Universal App for iPhone and iPad.
• The Animated Graphics and multiple themes make the whole experience a pleasure and keep things fresh for the students. You can even create your own backgrounds.
• Sound effects and background music help make the app more engaging but can also be switched ON/OFF individually as required.
• You can apply a “Passcode” to access the settings screen.
• Need to know where you are in the selection process. We have added a display option that shows the number of names drawn and the number of names remaining in the particular selection process.
• Provide Feedback to the Developers directly from within the App….let us know how we can make it better.
• Share with your friends on Facebook or Twitter from within the App.
We value your feedback. Many of the features above are the direct result of Teacher feedback. If you have any ideas of ways the app can be improved we would love to hear them. Also, if you want to report a bug please use the “Email Support” button inside the app, or email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. We promise to get back to you.
As well as fixing a few bugs, this update provides support for the latest iOS version and the new Apple devices.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Not what I thought I was getting
I liked the idea of the app and tried the starter version. I purchased the pro based on what it said you could do. I am very disappointed and wish I hadn’t bought it! The main pro feature I needed was entering a name more than once and it will not let me. The button in FAQs it says you need to use isn’t even there! I emailed support so we will see what happens.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Actually you can display a name more than one time in the Pro version. There may be some confusion here. You do not need to enter the name more than one time. You simply state the number of times you want names to be able to appear (before all names are displayed). We added this functionality based on feedback from users. They said that students would "relax" once their name had been displayed once (knowing it would not be displayed again!), so we enabled a feature where the teacher can specify the maximum number of times any single name can be displayed before all of the names in the group have been displayed at least once. The option can be found on the "Settings/Groups" screen at the top. You will see a setting for "Display names up to x times". The "x" can be between 1 and 10 times, as well as an unlimited number of times. I think that answers your question, but if not please email email@example.com and I will be happy to assist further. I will also reply to your support email with the information above.
Great customer service!
I used the free version for years and finally upgraded to the full version. I was having trouble importing from Dropbox so I emailed for help and they responded within hours. And when I still had trouble, I sent them my list and they formatted it for me. So now I am up and running with no problems. My kids love it when I use the “magic” hat!
Developer Response ,
Hi Biscampm, I just wanted to thank you for the review. I do recall the issue and am pleased we were able to help you. We are updating our online support to include some content around the support for Dropbox and the correct formatting of files for importing large numbers of names into the app. Thanks again, it is very much appreciated.
Crashes and won’t download to Dropbox
Originally had issues when I first purchased but the support team for this app has been very responsive and helpful and helped me work through any issues I’ve had as well as updating the app with fixes.
Developer Response ,
Hi CBJD1234, Thanks for the 5 star review. Your feedback was certainly helpful to us in improving the app. If you have any suggestions for further improvement now the new release is out I would be very pleased to hear them.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.