Explore nearby, walking
Do you want to visit a new place or just take a walk outside?
Monuments, museums, squares, architecture, history and design: have fun and do good to yourself and the environment by discovering what surrounds you, in the open air, simply walking.
Lace up your shoes, open RandomWalking and follow the arrow;)
RandomWalking is an app that guides you discovering the surroundings with just one simple suggestion: the direction in which to point your walk. The game is about not knowing a priori where you are going, so you can simply enjoy the tour, the view and the people around you.
With RandomWalking your walk will not be really "random." What you will get is a true self guided tour, but certainly not in the way you would expect: you will choose at any time where to go and whether or not to follow RandomWalking's arrow, the suggestions will adapt to your choices.
Walk in a relaxing landscape or immerse yourself in the crowds of a chaotic city. You can use it in all the four corners of the world, in the small town or in downtown Manhattan. The goal of RandomWalking is to be your universal guide, the most immediate and least invasive possible, to allow you to walk freely, with no constraints nor fixed routes, but at the same time not to risk missing the main attractions that can be reached nearby.
To sum up, RandomWalking is:
• Simple - you have only an arrow to follow. Find out where to go at a single glance, don't waste time and energy on a complicated map. It will be RandomWalking's job to suggest how to efficiently get to the local attractions.
• Fast and Immediate - Do not study maps or prepare detailed plans. Open RandomWalking wherever you are and immediately start getting suggestions on where to head.
• Flexible - Directions are intentionally approximate, you choose where to go and when not to follow them according to what most appeals to you in this moment. The arrow of RandomWalking will adapt its suggestions based on where you are, the places and attractions you previously reach and the path you have chosen.
And when I reach something interesting?
When you reach an attraction, this will be revealed and collected in your points of interest reached list. Here you can search for more information, navigate back to that point, manage a list of favorites or share them with your friends.
RandomWalking will always select and propose new attractions near you. Its behavior can however be tuned choosing your training level or your willingness to walk of the moment and the way the point of interest will be reached and revealed (check the app settings for details).
Are you in a place you have visited before? Choose either to continue from where you left off or start the exploration all over again.
Do you like RandomWalking? involve your friends and share with them its ideal of healthy, convivial, outdoor and totally free tourism!
Please remember that RandomWalking will suggest a direction but it remains your choice to follow it or not and to do so responsibly.
You should not trespass on private property, travel to locations that are or appear dangerous or do anything that doesn't make you feel safe.
Have fun, but choose your route wisely and consider your safety first.
NEW: Share your achievements and points of interest you have reached with your friends.
Data Used to Track You
The following data may be used to track you across apps and websites owned by other companies:
- Usage Data
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Simone Sergi
- 69.3 MB
- Requires iOS 12.2 or later.
- Age Rating
- This app may use your location even when it isn’t open, which can decrease battery life.
- © 2023 RandomWalking