Cook better with less effort. The Range grilling/kitchen thermometer gives you: precise temperature readings; live temperatures and remote alerts to iOS devices anywhere; Rangefinder temperature guides for meat, candy and beer; and recipe graphs for repeatable results.
Use Range with your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad as a leave-in oven thermometer, and get alerts on your other iOS device so you don't have to hover around the kitchen. Kitchen scientists—graph and save temperature data to experiment with your recipe. Or, use Range as an instant-read thermometer and get audio alerts to nudge you when your candy has hit the hard ball stage.
• Real-time temperature readings. Check the temperature over the Internet from any iOS device.
• Set rising or falling temperature alerts with a swipe of a finger.
• Remote alerts to all your iOS devices when your dish is done.
• USDA and gourmet presets for meat and candy make it even easier to cook a perfect dish.
• Minimal interaction. You want to cook, not futz with your phone. One-handed operation, 3D Touch presets from the home screen and monitoring temperatures on your lock screen makes you more efficient.
Graph view in landscape.
• Save your graph as a PDF, or CSV data to open as a spreadsheet.
• Rangefinders show you important temperature ranges for meat, sugar stages, and homebrewing. Stay on top of things with audio or remote alerts as you pass through important temperature bands. And because every chef has her preferences, you can create your own Rangefinders.
Requires the Range (wired) or Range Dial (Bluetooth) smart thermometers, made of food-safe silicone and stainless steel, and designed for the oven or grill. http://store.supermechanical.com
Updated to support iOS 12 and new devices better, plus a few small bug fixes.
If you're having trouble contacting us through the app (Settings gear icon > Customer support), this is a bug we're trying to track down — please contact us through http://support.supermechanical.com
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Simple, and great
I’ve used it to grill steak and to bake it (wha?). The cord didn’t melt so I don’t know what the other reviewer’s problem is. The app is simple, well-designed, and does almost all I want it to do other than having the thermometer in landscape mode. I’m not that interested in charting my steaks. I could see that being very valuable to bakers and the like.
Worked great with all of my iOS devices. I got notifications on my iPhone while my iPad Mini was set up by the grill and by the oven.
I’ve had a range since their kickstarter campaign and I upgraded when they came out with the dial. It’s make cooking in the kitchen way easier and more precise. Only thing I wish they would add is a watch widget so do I don’t need to be near my phone.
Developer Response ,
Nick, I hear you. A Watch widget has been on the back burner, but we'll work on it. I agree it'd be useful. Thanks for being a repeat customer!
Update. Many issues with connecting. After the update it won’t connect and the ap keeps crashing. Now what? Dinner is ruined?
Developer Response ,
Sorry to hear you're having trouble. We'd love to figure out what the issue is—please contact us through the app (Settings gear icon > Customer support) so we can see what's going on.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.