Raptor : Call of the Shadows 2010 Edition is the new version of one of the best 2D shoot'em up ever made !
As a mercenary in the not-so-distant future, flying the super-advanced Raptor space fighter, you'll be sent on interplanetary missions to knock out your MegaCorp's top competitors. Battle against hordes of relentless enemies. Spend the bounties claimed for their demise to expand your devastating arsenal!
Discover secrets, find bonuses and battle boss ships that appear at the end of every wave! With each ship and ground target you destroy, you'll earn more cash to improve your ship's already formidable technology, in preparation for the next wave. You'll be sent out to kill and destroy... But then again, it's in your blood.
- An impressive arsenal of upgradeable, hard-core, deadly weapons!
- According to Gametrailers.com, one of the best 2D shooters ever created
- Fast-paced action and a pulse-pounding soundtrack to pump some adrenaline into your veins!
The 2010 Edition features improved graphics and native support for higher resolutions (640x400, 960x600 and 1280x800). Standard, oldschool graphics are also available.
** 1.1 UPDATE : Save function fixed **
Fixed full screen mode with Lion.
Fixed ship speed with keyboard control.
The App has been sandboxed.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Just liked I remembered, except...
Loved it when I heard our old favorite was available on the Mac. Found out the hard way that only one pilot can be saved when my son overwrote my saved game by saving his game. Kinda kills the fun when you can’t share it with the family without losing all your progress.
Full screen in Mountain Lion
Thank you!. Just played a level in full screen mode and it worked great!
Think I will start a new game and play all the levels again in full screen mode!!
Thank you again for this fix.
Awesome classic with issues
I really want to give this 5 stars but there are some issues with the mouse that is keeping me from enjoying the game.
* The mouse will not move the mouse icon in the store or plane during gameplay all the way to the right. This happens the first time I enter the store and every time during a mission. I have to continually move the mouse to the right before the mouse can be moved all the way to the right where I can change the items within the store. During a mission I can move the ship all the way to the left, where the ship becomes clipped by the side, but never all the way to the right... which makes it difficult to dodge and kill some enemies on the right hand side of the screen. When I am moving to the right, and get near the right side of the screen, the plane also noticeably slows down... it should quickly move to the right if my mouse action tells it to (like it will when I move to the left).
* The mouse in the windowed mouse is not very functional. Depending on where the mouse is situated during a mission will determine if the ship moves to one side of the screen or at all. If you make any exaggerated movements the mouse will move outside of the game window. There really needs to be a way to lock the mouse inside the window during gameplay. Maybe you can unlock the mouse when not in a mission.
Fix these issues and it gets 5 stars.
The developer, DotEmu, has not provided details about its privacy practices and handling of data to Apple.
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- 10.8 MB
- Requires macOS 10.6.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 9+ Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2012, DotEmu
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.