It's the VHS app everyone's using!
The original VHS cam app by Rarevision.
Used by Kendall Jenner, Snoop Dogg, Ariana Grande, Khloe Kardashian, Victoria Beckham, Wiz Khalifa, BTS, Die Antwoord and featured on SNL (S41E01) and in countless TV shows and music videos!
Covered by WIRED, Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Popular Mechanics, The Independent, Macworld, TMZ, TechCrunch, Mashable and many others!
App of the Day for Friday, Dec 22, 2017
It's 1984, and you've got a VHS camcorder! It'll look that way when you record and send old, messed up-looking retro videos to friends. They'll swear you built a time machine: "OMG, how'd you shoot that?"
With Rarevision VHS, you'll make videos that look and sound like real retro video tapes pulled out of storage after 30 years. You can change the on-screen date to trick your friends, create custom animated titles, glitch up the picture by shaking your device and use the fake zoom to emphasize those truly embarrassing moments!
"That's freakin' amazing!" -Everyone
Here's Why You Need It:
• Four words: Best. Throwback. Videos. Ever.
• Create VHS-style retro videos of your kids that look like the ones from your childhood
• The only VHS cam app you should ever consider to capture your 80s and 90s-themed parties
• Shoot your own "found footage" movie and become a big Hollywood director like those other guys
• Make your kids' incredibly boring school plays actually rad
• Impress the new girl by using our app to convince her you built a time machine
• Pretend like you lived through the rad 1980s using our app!
What Rarevision VHS Can Do:
• Realism: the ORIGINAL and BEST VHS cam app for simulating the glitches of old videotape recordings
• Import videos and give them the VHS look
• Make your own signature look using the old-school picture adjustment menu
• Create your own animated titles for the ultimate in on-screen awesomeness
• Change the on-screen date so people think you're way younger--or older--than you really are
• Glitch the picture during recording using your finger or by shaking your device
• Fake zoom feature dramatically enhances the cheese factor
• Don't think we forgot to make things sound retro terrible (we didn't)
• Up to 60p recording for a more accurate VHS video look (depends on device capability)
• Widescreen recording option (but would you REALLY want to use it?)
• HD video recording on iPhone 4s and newer devices (1080p requires iPhone 5 or better)
Rarevision is a US-based company, with all software development done in-house.
Copyright © 2015-2021 Rarevision LLC. All rights reserved.
• You can now turn off the tracking static lines completely!
• Minor tweaks and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Absolutely worth every penny
I love this app so much and it’s honestly the best 4 dollars I’ve ever spent JDJSJF
With that being said, the only thing I can recommend is a way to edit videos after they’ve been recorded !! I wish there was a way to change the way how glitchy it was or add the text after you’ve already finished the video in case you forgot too or didn’t think to do it until after you finished. I think this would also be really helpful when importing videos. Whenever you import videos, it’s all sped up and it’s incredibly hard to change filter or add title when it’s going insanely fast and you can’t pause. I think a scroll bar that allows you to look through a video when it’s finished would be really nice !! It could allow you to go back to a certain part of the imported video or recorded video and allow you to make changes and make it however you want. Hopefully this random rant makes sense, just a thought I had
Again, fantastic app, and I’m really happy with what I got !!!
Awesome App!..Just a Few, Minor Things.
This app is amazing, I use it a lot! I love it a lot. There are some little fixes I suggest. Well, for starters, it would be awesome it have the little multicolored interference like some other users have said to make it look more 80s. I also think the font/date should be a but more 80s as well. You can kinda tell it’s fake. Other than that, this app is awesome.
I also need help with something else. Some might find this easy to fix, but I’m not good with app updates or anything, heh.😂 But I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me why my phone isn’t updating for the app. I will go to menu and I will press the “Tap here to have full update!” Or whatever it says. So I’ll click on it but it just brings me back to the AppStore and the app. I’ll go to my little update section and it won’t say the VHS Cam needs to be updated. I’ve done all that I can to try to figure it out. I’ll go to settings, I’ll look in the VHS Camcorder settings, but I can’t seem to find out how to update it. I’m afraid I’m over thinking all of it or it has to do with my phone. I have an iPhone 6s if that has something to do with it.. I would absolutely love to have all the filters, mess with the date, and be able to film longer. May anyone help me?
The most nostalgic VHS video filter
This app pretty much pays for itself. There’s so many options for customization that you’ll spend hours up to days and days discovering so many fun things. This app beats the rest of the bunch because it imports video footage fast and easy. If you do have clips that are longer than a 1 minute or 2, be patient and make sure that you have your device at least 80 percent charged with the screen option for it to not go off at all while it’s recording your footage. The only part that I would suggest is a sound leveler option between the original sound and the glitch sounds keeping the original sounds loud enough along with the glitch sound effects. Otherwise, this app is the best authentic looking VHS looking app you’ll find if you’re really a big fan of the old school VHS glitch looks. It’s great for importing footage and creating an old school look, but if you are filming yourself keep in mind that good lighting is key for the best results.
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rarevision LLC
- 14.6 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip.
English, Japanese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- © 2015-2021 Rarevision LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Up to six family members can use this app with Family Sharing enabled.