With Rater, we have built a unique "Anti-Catfishing" online dating platform that is focused on user authenticity, honesty and safety. The concept behind Rater came from an experience of the Founder when she fell victim to a dating app romance scam in 2018. The financial impact of romance scams has hit over 1 billion lost (FTC and FBI reports) and that figure is only increasing year after year. Over 70% of online dating profiles are lying about one or more items displayed. And to top it all off, singles are feeling "swiping fatigue" and really craving in real life connection and interaction with others.
Rater's multi-tiered solution for this problem combines AI, human verification / feedback and real life event alternatives.
In the new user set up:
• Each new potential user on the Rater platform will be run through a violent felony and sex offenders check before they are able to complete a profile or match with others.
• Each new user will be able to get a verification check mark on their profile if they complete the "selfie" photo AI verification (powered by IDMERIT).
In the match screen:
• Matches will be able to rate the interaction they've had once they've started messaging and interacting with other users. The rating system is based off human experience and will call out catfishers or scammers and will allow for a simplified way to report these "bad actors" to Rater.
IRL 'Radar by Rater' mixers:
• Rater has created a series of city by city pop up singles mixers to combat "Swiping Fatigue" and allow for real life connection. Bonus Points: IRL interaction almost completely removes the potential for catfishing (which is done almost 100% online).
1) Self-Verification Feature: Introducing our new self-verification feature! Now, you can personally verify yourself, gaining priority in the Rater App Matching algorithm and boosting profile visibility.
2) Bug Fixes: We've resolved bugs to ensure a seamless user experience.
Update now to enjoy these enhancements!"
Ratings and Reviews
Finally a dating app with honest users
It's very good for a free app
Completely filled out my profile, even the optional parts. Kept getting the message that I can start swiping once my profile was completed. 🤷🏼♂️
Developer Response ,
Hello! We apologize you are experiencing issues with the Rater user profile set up. Generally, when the error screen / message comes up that you need to complete your profile before swiping, it means you have not uploaded 6 photos (which is required). Our team is working on a better and more targeted error messaging notification for the profile set up, so hopefully this doesn't happen in the future. We are happy to help further if needed anytime - email@example.com is the way to contact us!
IRL Singles Events
Does what it is meant to do
Data Not Collected
The developer does not collect any data from this app.
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Rater, LLC
- 75.3 MB
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 14.0 or later.
- Requires macOS 11.0 or later and a Mac with Apple M1 chip or later.
- Apple Vision
- Requires visionOS 1.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Frequent/Intense Sexual Content or Nudity Frequent/Intense Mature/Suggestive Themes Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2020 Rater Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly $19.99
- 3 Months $47.99
- 6 Months $65.99
- Lifetime Enhanced $129.99
Get all of your passes, tickets, cards, and more in one place.
Some in‑app purchases, including subscriptions, may be shareable with your family group when Family Sharing is enabled.