Note: Please see Frequently Asked Questions below before installing.
Use Ratstash to:
- Import channels, direct messages and group conversations.
- Export your messages to CSV or text inside the App.
- Leave the App running to download new conversations.
- Find what you want instantly with the powerful grep-style search tool, no more scrolling through hundreds of pages of messages.
See more at https://ratstash.app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question: Do I have to be the workspace administrator to use this this App?
Answer: No, you don't, however you do need to either:
- Be able to sign in to your Slack account and request/generate a token here (https://api.slack.com/custom-integrations/legacy-tokens). You will definitely be able to use Ratstash if you have a token (you paste this into the App). Or;
- Install as an App to your team (https://slack.com/apps/AATHN8U86-ratstashapp). All members except guests are allowed to this. Please check your privileges in your team to confirm.
Question: How far back in message history can I export?
Answer: It depends.
- If you're on a free Slack team: Ratstash has the same history limits as what you'd experience using the Slack UI (10k limit). However, once Ratstash retrieves the history, it will be kept forever.
- If you're on a paid Slack team, you can export all history with Ratstash.
Introducing 1.4.0, our biggest update yet! Due to your awesome feedback we've made big improvements:
- App performance updates — can now load large numbers of messages (500000+)
- Import screen now list channels alphabetically
- Import screen has a “select all” button
- Add a filter in the chat screen to toggle pinned & starred items (requires re-import of team)
- You can now download attachments (requires re-import of team)
- Copy single row
- Loading indicator when first syncing
- Additional crash details for support emails
If you are enjoying this App please leave a positive review or send some feedback. Thanks!
Ratings and Reviews
Be sure to check if you have Slack API permissions before purchasing
Slack workspaces may have had API access disabled by the admin. If that's the case, then you won't be able to obtain an API token to feed the tool. Not the tool's fault in that case!
Does what it's supposed to, Ui is lacking
Hook it up to your Slack account and it will download all your data. You can then select a channel or chat and copy it. The UI is pretty, ok very, sparse, and not very intuitive. You can basically select text in the chat window and copy it to clipboard as plain text or CSV format. You'll have to paste it somewhere else to save it.
Functionally the app does what it says it will, it's inexpensive compared to alternatives, just could use a better UI.
Inexpensive, Fully Functional
Just bought the application to test it out. Love the hidden conservation capture feature that doesn't send out an e-mail to everyones in the group.
I'm testing it out along with our company's transition to Slack, and for this super low price I love the app
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.