NOTE: Supports all devices running iOS 12 and later, EXCEPT the following: iPhone 5s, iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, iPad mini 2 and 3, iPad Air 1, and, iPod Touch.
NO SUBSCRIPTIONS, EVER!
— ADVANCED RAW: Unlock the power of Apple's RAW engine with easy-to-use controls. Develop images with the same outstanding RAW processing in Apple’s Aperture professional photo app. Unique adjustments let you improve your images in ways that can't be done in any other app.
— ORGANIZE: RAW Power is a complete photo app to organize and manage your photo library. Fully compatible with iCloud Photo Library, so all changes are synced. Every image and every change is available to every app on your iPhone or iPad.
— RATE & FILTER: Filter albums by file type, rating, flag, and edit state. Ratings and Flags sync over iCloud Photo Library!
— FILES.APP: Store images in the Photos library or Files.app. Use our new Share extension to import from other apps directly into RAW Power’s Files container. Same non-destructive editing, rating, and filtering features! (iCloud syncing is not supported).
— NOT JUST RAWs: RAW Power is great with JPEGs, with many tools missing from the Photos app. Plus an innovative Depth Effect for photos shot on iPhones with a dual camera system.
— EDIT CROSS-PLATFORM: Edit on iOS and continue on the Mac (or vice-versa) using the RAW Power 3 for macOS.
— BATCH PROCESSING: Apply presets, paste adjustments, and export multiple images. Export to the photo library or to Files.app.
ORGANIZATION AND DISPLAY
— Zoom up to 800% for extremely precise adjustments.
— Create and rename albums, delete images from albums and the library, and move images into albums. Full access to your folder hierarchy.
— Display file name, exposure information, flash status, and location with a map.
— Full non-destructive editing. All changes stored in the iOS Photo Library and iCloud Photo Library, so you can edit on one device and continue on another, without loss of quality. Even between Mac and iOS!
— Optimized for small screens. Choose which adjustments to show by default and in what order
— Unparalleled highlight recovery with Boost and Recovery sliders. Real-time control of Apple's RAW engine, including Noise Reduction, Black Point, Gamut Mapping and more
— Auto Enhance, Auto White Balance, Auto Levels and Auto Curves. Apply them to multiple images at once!
— Apply presets, and Copy / Paste Adjustments to one image or many
— Histogram with Clipping Indicators and Hot Pixels Overlay
— LUTs (Look up tables) with built-in looks and film simulations. Add your own!
— Crop and Straighten, Rotate and Flip, White Balance with sampler and auto
— Highlights, Shadows, Vibrancy, Local Contrast and incredible Lighten and Darken sliders
— Curves and Levels. Curves has Linear and Lab modes, and samplers
— Depth Effect to enhance photos shot with the dual camera system
— Chromatic Aberration to correct lens artifacts, Perspective, Black & White, Vignette with a controllable center point
— All sliders are real-time and GPU accelerated
— High-precision, deep color imaging engine
— Export JPEG, PNG, and TIFFs (8- and 16-bit) to Files.app or Photos.app
— Compatible with hundreds of cameras, including iPhone RAW images. (list at:https://support.apple.com/en-jo/HT210191). Fuji Compressed RAW is not supported. RAW support is downloaded in the background by Apple. Your device must be on WiFi and plugged in to get updates.
— Great with JPEGs, TIFFs, PNGs, and most DNGs
— Video Tutorials (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7l78rOzFxaHG-e5AT-MGWQ)
RAW POWER for MAC
RAW Power 3.0 is also available on the Mac App Store as a Photos Extension and standalone app with Photos Library support. Rated 4.5 stars worldwide!
ABOUT GENTLEMEN CODERS
Gentlemen Coders was founded by a former Senior Director of Engineering at Apple. For more information, visit www.gentlemencoders.com.
• Completely remove German and Chinese localizations - will be restored when they are complete.
• Add Restore Edits feature for Files.app, which can be used after restoring images from backup or copying images to a different device
• Support large LUTs (over 2 MB).
• For Files.app, move originals into a separate folder and move the database into the Data folder
• Fix issue with rotation in Files.app with some Sony images
• Improve menus on small screens
• Miscellaneous bug fixes and small user interface changes
Earlier Versions of 3.0:
• Support for mouse and trackpad with iOS 13.4
• Improve quality and range of Highlights and Shadows
• Improve quality of LUTs applied to over-exposed images
• Prompt when adding new adjustments to also add them to the default set.
• Add new Classic Chrome 2 LUT
• Add information about the How To Videos that are on YouTube
• Show shared albums and synced Albums (from iTunes/Finder), which are not editable
• Fix bug with Revert to Original in Files Batch mode, which was not removing the Edited badge
• Add Viewer Background Gray Level to Settings
• Change order of buttons in Files Grid to match Photos Grid
• Avoid displaying the “Indexing” message in the Album View unless it will take longer than a few seconds
• Delete the sidecar and preview when deleting images from Files.app
• Add localized French Edit Help
• Add Copy/Paste adjustments to the Edit Menu
• Write out Rating to IPTC on export
• Fix Auto Levels and Auto Curves presets (batch and in Edit)
• Fix bug importing LUT cube files with uppercase extension (.CUBE)
• Fix a very rare adjustment data bug when editing in Files
• Fix visual glitch with portrait screen orientation when entering Edit
• Add miscellaneous UI tweaks, localization changes and bug fixes
• Fix two crashes
• Refreshed User Interface throughout the app
• Photos or Files.app - now it's your choice (#1 requested feature)
• Separate collections of images so you can work with either app or both
• Quickly jump between the Files and Photos collections.
• Full non-destructive editing no matter which place you store your images
• Copy to RAW Power Share Extension makes it easy to import images from other apps to the Files’ side
• Take your Photos library to the next level
• Ratings and flags now in the Photos library!
• Easy filtering of any album by rating, flag, file type and adjustment status
• Ratings and Flags sync over iCloud
• Swipe gestures for rating and flagging
• Ratings and Flags are also supported when using Files.app (but don't sync)
• Refreshed, configurable Editing interface
• Select Default Adjustments to speed up editing and save space on small screen
• New Adjustment tools speed up access to common editing features
• Reorder adjustments to align with your workflow
• "Last Edited Image” Automatic Preset makes it super easy to apply the same edits to the next image.
• New adjustments:
• Auto Enhance with Face Balancing gives you a quick head start on editing
• LUTs with Fujifilm Simulations included (and you can import your own)
• Auto White Balance
• Levels with Auto Levels
• Channel Mixer
• Apply Auto Enhance and Auto White Balance to multiple images at once
• Much faster batch processing helps you apply presets, paste adjustments, and much more, to many images at once.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I like where this is going
I like where this is going and see a lot of potential in it, which is why I purchased the pro tools to support the effort. I like the fact it works as a plug-in to Photos and saves back to that library instead of its own library. I purchased 2TB of iCloud storage and that is how I store and synchronize most of my pictures now. I edit a lot on my iPad Pro now, but would like to hand off and edit on my Mac with the same tools. And as someone who LOVED Aperture, I am glad to see a company that would like to give us that experience again. That said, there are some things I will need to make it my main editor. First, it needs a vignette tool. If it could add an inner glow like some other editors while making a darker edge vignette that would be great. I also need the ability to brush the adjustments in, preferably in layers but at least with multiple spot adjustments. Brush compatibility here with the Apple Pencil would be essential. An example of why this is need is when making shadow adjustments, sometimes a global shadow adjustment will simply not work as usually there are some shadows you want to keep, while others you need to get more detail out of. Anyway keep up the good work and if it gets better I will certainly use it more and promote it.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your detailed review. Version 2.0, now available, adds a vignette adjustment, with a controllable center point. Brushing is a high priority for future releases.
Lot of potential. Good start.
This app has a lot of potential. I am a former Aperture user and really appreciate the control it provides. I recognize it is an early version.
1. When I save, the only choice it gives is to save over the original. I am a travel photographer and often like to create different versions of some shots. Very frustrating when there is no “save as” option. That is essential for me.
2. Will you consider the Addition of a perspective tool? Another tool I find essential as a travel, historic and landscape photographer.
An excellent start, but not yet complete enough for my needs. Oh and thanks for allowing the trial (but not save) use of the buyup options. That is a nice touch.
Good to support cloud services but don’t get carried away with that. Much of the world still does not have reliable internet and cloud services and sync are not options. I have internet where I live but it is heavily “data capped” preventing any regular use of cloud services. (If I turn on either Apple or Adobe cloud services, my entire monthly data allowance will be consumed in a week or less). Remember that your market is global and not restricted to a few “1rst world countries”.
I like what I see in RAW Power, but not there yet for my needs. I will be following your progress.
Thanks for creating this app. I’ll be following it in hopes it will evolve to my needs.
I still miss Aperture. Nice to see the core tools are back.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for your review. To answer your questions:
1) Please download the latest version of the app to get this feature. Then go to the Settings app, select RAW Power, and change the “Editing” preference. Once you do that, any time you edit an image, it will make a separate image in the library.
2) Perspective is now available in version 2.0 of the app.
Adjust tools on the left on landscape iPad? Whose idea was this?
EDIT: I complain below about the Adjust tools being on the left, but I did not realize they can be moved to the right if you move the Info panel first (!). This is terrific, even though it's not completely intuitive (it doesn't seem you can move the Adjust panel). This app works great for me now. Thanks guys!
Original critique follows, for posterity.
I'm an iCloud Photo Library user, and I really like how this app seamlessly integrates with it. I also shoot Pentax and Olympus RAWs, edit on 2017 iPad Pro 12.9, and with this app I don't have to think about importing and exporting like I do with the competitors' apps. I want to use this app simply for how friction-free that experience is. But in landscape mode the Adjust tools are on the left. WHY??? Roughly 90% of the population is right handed. Putting the Adjust tools on the left means 90% of the population has to reach to the other side of the screen, blocking the content they're trying to manipulate. Plus, it's uncomfortable, even when using a Pencil. Bad design decision, guys. Did the devs try this use case? Is the CEO left-handed?
Devs, please move the Adjust tools to the right side, or at least make it a user preference setting. If the tools were on the right, I'd pay to unlock. As it is now, editing with this UI is cumbersome. Thank you.
Developer Response ,
Hi, Thank you for your email. The Inspector (which holds the adjustment tools in landscape) can be moved to the right side. Drag the inspector from one of titles (for example, "Adjust") and move it to the right of the screen. You make a good point about the default location, so we will make the default be on the right as well in the next release. I hope that helps.
- Gentlemen Coders, LLC
- 32.2 MB
- Photo & Video
Requires iOS 12.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- © 2016-2020, Gentlemen Coders, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.