*** NOTE: FOOTAGE RECORDED AT 10 OR 12 BIT CANNOT BE PROCESSED AT THIS TIME. PLEASE WAIT FOR THE APP UPDATE! ***
RAWMagic is the professional cinematographer's number one choice for MLV and RAW video conversion when shooting with Magic Lantern-equipped Canon DSLRs.
RAWMagic converts MLV and RAW files to CinemaDNG sequences that can be edited directly with popular non-linear editing programs like DaVinci Resolve and Adobe Premiere CC without any additional steps. You can edit your footage in native CinemaDNG, then export to a color correction app like DaVinci Resolve for final grading. All without the need for proxy files!
Magic Lantern is a RAW video recording modification for Canon HDSLRs that allows the recording of RAW video, just like with much more expensive cameras designed for professional cinematography.
• Converts Magic Lantern MLV and RAW files
• Produces CinemaDNG files that can be edited directly in Adobe Premiere CC
• Can output compressed CinemaDNG
• Seamless DaVinci Resolve CinemaDNG workflow with synchronized audio and timecode
• Supports MLV audio
• File spanning support when shooting to FAT32 media
• Both 12 bit and 16 bit CinemaDNG output
• Fixed bug that prevented WAV audio files from being imported into DaVinci Resolve 12.1 or newer
• Fixed hang that would sometimes occur upon conversion with spanned MLV files
• Fixed crash that would occur after starting a conversion with MLV files containing audio
Ratings and Reviews
Was working, but now crashing
This was a fantastic application when I first started using it last weekend, but now it won’t open upon start up, leaving me without a much-needed app to edit video. I’ve deleted and re-downloaded several times. Is there any way to download an older version of this? Or does anyone else have an idea?
Great app that is not working at all right now.
good when it works_iffy customer service.
does a good job when it works…but for me, program crashes and doesn’t convert on a recurring basis. i’m having to switch between this and another converter,
in order to get all my MLV files to convert…wish i could just use this one.
tried to contact customer service…and got a late reply. tried to follow up and never heard back.
Probably the best MLV converter, but beware
On large MLV files (20-30 gigs or more) on occasion this app will fail (silently!) only outputting a portion of the frames. The MLVs themselves are fine, re-running the conversion produces the correct amount of frames. It should go without saying, but always check the output and make sure it’s the correct length BEFORE you delete your original files.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.