Download the RingCentral Phone app for iPhone and iPad — the essential application to your RingCentral business phone system. Manage your phone system directly from your iPhone and take your business calls, voice messages, business text messages ***, and faxes—anywhere.
Use the RingCentral Phone app on your iPhone or iPad to:
- Show your RingCentral business number as your Caller ID when you make calls. *, **
- Business text messaging to send and receive text messages with your RC local number. ***
- Department messaging to send and receive text messages to department members. ***
- Make VoIP calls over Wi-Fi without using your carrier minutes.
- Use VoIP calling to make local calls to your home country while traveling internationally. *
- VoIP calls can be received directly on this app by turning ON the option in Settings. If the call is not answered on the app, it will ring other numbers based on the forwarding rules. ****
- Keep all your business voicemails and faxes separate from your personal messages.
- See who left a message, forward messages, and tap to return calls with Visual Voicemail.
- Send and receive faxes, by accessing photos, email attachments, and cloud storage such as Dropbox and Box.
- View call time, date, and duration, and return calls directly from your RingCentral call logs.
- Receive push notifications for incoming messages.
- Access your company extensions as a contact group.
- Conferencing feature with unlimited conference calling for up to 1000 participants per conference *****
Get a cloud business phone system from RingCentral that delivers:
- Local or toll-free numbers (including 800, 855, 866, 877 and 888 numbers)
- Business text messaging ***
- Multiple extensions
- Advanced call management and answering rules
- Multiple voicemail boxes
- Visual voicemail
- Internet fax
- Music on hold
- Custom greetings
- Call screening
- Call queues
- Dial-by-name directory
- Conferencing *****
IMPORTANT: RingCentral Phone for iPhone and iPad requires an existing RingCentral account.
* LEGAL DISCLAIMERS
1. Emergency calling will not work outside of the U.S., Canada or U.K..
2. Call quality may be affected when using VoIP outside of the U.S, Canada, U.K. or RingCentral® Global Office™ supported countries.
3. International and roaming charges from your mobile carrier may apply when using RingOut outside of your home country. Please check with your mobile carrier.
** RingOut is not available for the iPad and iPod Touch.
*** Business text messaging is currently available for Office customers. SMS is only available for RingCentral U.S. and Canada Office customers. Extension-to-extension messaging is available for all RingCentral Office customers.
**** You must enable the option to notify your Softphone and Smartphone in your extension's "Call Handling & Forwarding" menu. We suggest you set it to a minimum of 8 rings.
***** Currently available on select RingCentral Office plans.
Tell us what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Bug fixes and improvements.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Good Awaiting Great
I am awaiting the new app that will replace this one and it’s associated apps, merging them into one. Currently, I get dual notifications of incoming calls from both the RingCentral Phone and RingCentral Glip app. So I have to toggle back-and-forth to retrieve a message to indicate that it has been reviewed so that it no longer appears unattended (red circle). All along, I’ve wondered why the necessity for separate apps, although I do appreciate the challenge from a design and user experience perspective of merging all of that functionality into one app that will be easy to use. I am confident that RingCentral can do this though.
One primary beef that I have with this particular app is that there is a long gap between the ring on my iPhone and the ability to make voice contact with the caller...hello, hello, hello. The call handoff is slow and unreliable.
Also the call drops maybe 50% of the time when I don’t pick up from my desk phone. So I would not consider the rollover/simultaneous ring function to be very reliable. This problem makes it hard to use the iPhone as a true substitute for being in the office. If I leave a message for somebody and expect a call back, I cannot feel confident that when they do call back I will be able to reliably pick up the call, then they may or may not leave me a message. This situation then sets up a potential game of phone tag.
Developer Response ,
Hi Indecisive Gourmet, thank you for your review. For the due notification issue, can you check if your RingCentral Glip App settings under My Profile(top left portrait) - Phone - INCOMING CALLS - Answer Calls, set as In RingCentral(This App)?
Ok but FRUSTRATED
Overall app is ok. I’ve used RingCentral for many years. For whatever reason, they keep adding and removing a very important button to block calls or faxes. I use RC for my business and keep getting spam faxes almost daily. Sometimes there’s a button to block the number and then suddenly it disappears and may briefly reappear again. I think they keep messing around with it in every update and IT’S SO FRUSTRATING!! Please keep the block number feature and STOP REMOVING IT! I don’t have time to look at spam faxes everyday and would have a lot fewer of them if I could block the numbers. Also, they want us to switch to the new app since this one is being phased out, yet the new app doesn’t allow you to choose which number you send texts from. My texts send from the dummy number I was assigned, which is not my business number and my clients have no idea who’s texting them when I use the new app. It’s an easy fix and pretty ridiculous that it was overlooked.
Well thought out app
I use this app extensively for my business. I have 13 workers and have to fax all of them on the daily basis. I like how the app takes numbers and names from your contacts and makes it really easy to fax or email them. It's quite intuitive/easy to use. A couple of cons would be that when I fax something to my home fax machine, we often will have blank or partial faxes come through. And, when I say "often", sometimes it can be like every 3rd or 4th fax. I had my cable/phone company come out to the house and check our lines, so I really don't think it's a problem on our end. Also, sometimes when we email the faxes to my workers, they won't get the emails. Very frustrating. Not sure if that is an issue with the app or the email program. But, I have been meaning to call Ring Central and see if they can make any sense out of this. A week ago I started a free trial with eFax. Let me tell you, that service/app is not nearly as good as Ring Central. But, all of our faxes are complete and we don't have partial or blank faxes. So, I'm kind of on a fence here regarding what to do. But, when the app works as advertised, it's outstanding.
- RingCentral, Inc
- 182.4 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- © RingCentral, Inc. 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.