Put a universe of entertainment at your fingertips with RCN2GO powered by TiVo. Whatever you're in the mood for, RCN2GO makes it easy to love your shows wherever you go.
The free RCN2GO App for iOS is the ideal entertainment app serving up control, discovery and a mobile place for viewing. Watch live TV, find shows and schedule recordings, and browse content via the guide, by genre or category, explore the cast and crew, and even see where the content is available to watch. Plus, you can use it at home as a remote control and keep everyone happy.
• Watch live TV on the go, when you’re connected to WiFi.
• Set recordings for TV shows, movies and even series.
• Browse and manage your recordings in My Shows.
• Speed up the way you search and browse. Use your device’s keypad, rather than the remote.
• Find out more about the cast and crew.
• At home, transform your device into a second TV screen or a remote control.
• Browse the TV guide to see what’s on, up to 14 days in the future, and browse shows from up to 7 days ago.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- An iPhone, iPod touch or iPad with WiFi internet, a subscription to RCN Digital TV and a TiVo® box.
TO USE AT HOME:
- Simply connect your TiVo® box to your router using an Ethernet cable
- Connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to the same home network via Wi-Fi
YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK:
- You'll need to set up your wireless network and wired connection yourself, but don't worry – it's simple. You'll find lots more help on your TiVo box in > Help & Settings > Help.
Internet access is required to use RCN2GO. RCN2GO access is based upon your RCN Digital TV service subscription level. You must have a current MyRCN ID, as well as a subscription to the corresponding cable TV network(s) you wish to access. RCN2GO viewer experience may vary based on device used to view content. Not all devices have the necessary software required to view programming content. Certain programs may require Flash Player to view. Availability of programs varies and is determined by the cable TV network(s). Copyright ©2015 TiVo Inc. All rights reserved. TiVo and the TiVo logo are registered trademarks of TiVo Inc. and its subsidiaries worldwide. ©2015 RCN Telecom Services LLC. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Ratings and Reviews
Anyone can put a bunch of movie posters together and call it an app. The app is garbage
I expect things to work. This app does not. I jumped through the first hoop of logging in but now the app is saying I’m not on the same WiFi network as my box. So it thinks I’m away from home.
From what I can see the UI is bad too. The concept of live tv on the RCN app my iPad just isn’t there. “Get this show”. Has no meaning to me, I just want to watch it right now.
If you are actually trying to watch TV using this app don't bother it is not designed for that AT ALL. It DOES NOT STREAM TV AT ALL. It is just a set of movie posters and links to external websites that require a login.
I just want to watch stuff in my iPad in another room of house. So hard about this why is it so difficult for me to be able to watch shows without having to press any buttons? I gave up on the iPad version. Web version also makes me login with the various tv networks. Zzzzzzzzzzzz
Logging into various tv apps doesn’t even work half the time. You will also be forced to login to apps on your cable box connected tv as well. Twc doesn’t make you do this at all. When it comes to apps in general RCN looks like a total amateur and they don’t appear to care nor make any changes to their system at all. Couple of months as a customer and nothing has changed. Login everywhere and hope it works.
I’m very disappointed
Developer Response ,
Hello, and thank you for reviewing your recent experience with the RCN2Go app. We want to look into this and get this resolved for you. Please email us at email@example.com with "Attn Jackie App Review" in the subject line. In your email, please include screenshots and/or a description of the error you are getting, as well as the device and OS you are using. Thank you for being a valued RCN customer! -Jackie
Way behind the competition
So I recently switched from Spectrum to RCN looking to try out a competitor and was excited when I saw that RCN too had an app for, what I thought was live TV. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The app is pretty useless except to maybe quickly scroll through the guide and then play what I find on the TV. There is no option to actually watch Live TV on my phone or tablet which is bizarre to me since Spectrum had this option on its TV app. In this regard RCN is way behind the pack and I hope they find a solution thats better than making you download ALL the cable channel apps to then log into each one in order to watch Live TV. I’d have to switch from app to app to change “channels”... this app is a sad excuse for a TV provider App.
Developer Response ,
Hello! Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with RCN2Go! We wanted to clarify that with RCN2Go, you can hundreds of shows anywhere you have internet access. To stream recorded or live content, you would need to be at home. We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback, since hearing what our customers have to say is the best way we can improve! Thank you! -Jackie
Garbage! (0 Stars Rating)
I changed providers because I relocated from nyc to PA. Was stoked when I saw that RCN had an app where I could watch my favorite tv show...BOY WAS I WRONG!! Once I log in, the only options on the app is account settings and the main page has advertisements. NO OPTIONS TO WATCH TV, NONE AT ALL! I try logging into RCN on the Showtime App so that I could watch my fav. show from there instead, and get the same exact results as I did logging in on RCN. Annnnd I can’t even watch the show because it doesn’t stay logged in on Showtime.
STEP UP YOUR GAME RCN... hire better app developers or something because this is unacceptable. Don’t advertise a service your INCOMPETENT to provide (>__<) !
- RCN Telecom Services, LLC
- 45.4 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Simulated Gambling
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Medical/Treatment Information
- © 2014 RCN Telecom Services, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.