Spring Sale! 50% OFF for a limited time!
RE-1 - Tape Echo
RE-1 is a full featured virtual Tape Machine capable of delivering authentic tape based echo and chorus effects but it doesn't stop there. With it's interactive tape player, sample, loop and overdub features it's possible to use it like a virtual tape recorder, sample player, looper or simply as a master effect.
- Virtual Tape deck including 3 individually controllable read heads, variable delay time and feedback
- Interactive user interface and realtime visualisation of various parameters related to the tape simulation
- Dedicated controls for Wow, Flutter, Color, Tape Hiss & saturation amount
- Tape Loop mode with overdub, tape reverse and time-stretching
- Sample/Loop library loads wave files onto the virtual tape loop
- Transport and Tempo Sync
- Stereo Spread & Stereo Panner
- Input processing: Highpass filter
- Output processing: 2 band eq
- Authentic tape echo emulation
- Multi-tap delay with 3 individually controllable read heads
- Color Control adjusts the echo's tone from dark to bright
- Delay Time: 5ms - 1000ms (or 1/32th to 1/1)
- Wow & Flutter
- Tape Hiss and Saturation
- Stereo spread
- Stereo panner
Looper / Sample Player:
- Uses the tape like a traditional looper with unlimited overdubs
- Configurable Loop length with 1 - 8 bars and tempo sync and tape reverse
- Tape transport can be linked to the host's transport controls
- Time stretching keeps loops in sync
- Samples/loops can be loaded onto the tape directly
- Samples can be created from the tape loop and stored in the sample library at any time
- Factory content includes a variety of loops grouped by style
- Samples/loops can be imported from and exported to other apps
- Ableton Link
- MIDI (Tempo, CC, Program Change)
- iOS 11+
- Fixed an issue where patches would not load when running on iOS14
Ratings and Reviews
If this were a piece of hardware I would never sell it
I own many of these types of plugins and honestly they all do a great job of adding color, wow, flutter and of course, delay. Where this one stands out is that it is an actual emulation, a virtual tape deck in which you can touch the tape reel graphic and cause it to do all sorts of crazy effects. In addition, it is also a looper and a multi-effects processor containing some surprising effects I did not expect. It reminds me of my early days back in the 80s, grabbing a tape deck and experimenting with all sorts of sonic mayhem. And what makes it even more useful is that it all can be recorded and automated inside of Cubasis so that every small adjustment you make comes out in the final recording, or as a sample you can save inside the plugin. This is a tool that I will learn, master and use until it goes away somehow in the future.
Lost in the dub
I never owned a Roland space echo so I don’t know if this does a pure recreation, I imagine not, but I was able to get some shabby dub chords drifting around and cascading like I wanted, and nothing else I tried on iOS could quite do that.
I did not have problems with crackles or freezes and I am on an iPad mini, not a pro.
I did not quite figure out the looper yet but overall this unit is deep to explore and takes me into uncharted territory. Great for sound design and experimentation.
My favorite by far though is the FD-1, which Apple won’t let me review for some reason. That thing is one of the most inspiring tools I’ve ever used, I am just thrilled with it.
Get them all guys, they are multieffects integrated in a way that is more than the some of their parts. Fantastic.
Doesn’t fit screen on small iPod
Would love to use it….
No Details Provided
The developer will be required to provide privacy details when they submit their next app update.
- Kai Aras
- 108.7 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Requires iPadOS 9.3 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later.
- Age Rating
- © 2018 - Kai Aras
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.