The RE:CHARGE INDIA app and website is brought to you by PlugInIndia.com in association with Hytech
One of the biggest hurdles for EV's currently is the availability of sufficient charging points. The EV community across the country has joined hands to help set up community charge points across routes that we like to drive on both within the city and outside the city. Along with charge points provided by brands such as Mahindra Automobiles, we aim to electrify every possible route in this country so that an EV can be driven without anxiety.
Check http://pluginindia.com/charging for more details.
This app has the following features
*** Find electric vehicle charge points near your location
*** Browse electric vehicle charge points on a Map
*** Search for charge points
*** View electric vehicle charge points details
*** Get driving directions from your location to an electric vehicle charge point
*** Call phone number directly from app
*** Report an electric vehicle charge point
*** Add a new electric vehicle charge point
*** Add comment to a point
Hello Electric Vehicle Community of India!
Here are the release notes and changes in version 2.0 of the RE:ChargeIndia app.
1) New Icons representing different types of EV Charge Point/Station
- Community Charge Point (Business) - Green Pin with Tea
- Community Charge Point (Residence) - Green Pin with Home
- Mahindra Electric Charge Point - Red Pin with ME logo
- Ather Grid Charge Pod - Black pin with Ather logo
- DC Fast Charge Station - Blue pin with Lightning logo
- Sun Mobility Battery Swap Station - Orange Pin with Battery Swap icon
2) Extra Information shown when user taps on any Pin
- Distance from user’s location
- What type of Community Point is this?
3) More charge point types & statistics in the filter type screen. User can filter specific types of charge points and view filtered pins on the map.
4) Revamped the UI of Charge Point Detail screen
Kept things simpler. Many Icons at the top are eliminated - Some were clickable, some were not. This caused confusion. Only comment icon, data and share button are visible at the top. The Google Map icon is updated.
5) Revamped the UI of Comments Screen. The old comments UI was clunky and not new generation.
6) Automatically check and alert user to update Charge Point database locally.
The old version of the app , did not alert users , if there were more charge points updated in the server. The app expected the user to manually go to ‘Update Charge Point’ screen and hit on ‘Update Now’ Button. This resulted in some users having latest database and many users not updating at all !
To avoid this inconsistency, the app automatically checks the server and if there are new charge points.
This, we hope will encourage more users to have latest set of data.
7) Start Location Screen is updated
8) Update Charge Point Data
- Mahindra Electric has given us updated database of their dealer locations, service stations etc. Many of their old points installed in 2013 are removed from the database.
- Ather Energy have given us their charge point list.
- Sun Mobility Battery Swap Stations are also listed.
- Community charge points are divided into ‘Residence and Business’
- DC Fast Charge Stations are now shown in the app!
- Eliminated old unreliable points.
9) Fixed Miscellaneous bugs to improve stability
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.