• Read Ahead provides short and enjoyable 5-10 minute daily practice sessions which help pianists quickly develop their sight-reading ability.
• Innovative training exercises are incorporated into a carefully designed curriculum built around high quality music by a variety of composers.
• Read Ahead is designed to help piano students (children 10+ and adults) build the right habits and develop the skills necessary to fluently read music at their skill level.
• Designed to be integrated into a regular practice schedule.
• Fun for students to practice daily.
• Easy for busy teachers to incorporate into lessons and track progress.
• 36 daily exercise routines at each level.
Daily lesson plans consists of:
• Warm-up exercises to train memory, vision and touch.
• Read Ahead exercises to train students to read ahead of where they are playing.
• Sight-reading music from traditional ‘fixed' scores to pull it all together.
Bug Fixes. Fixed bug that periodically takes you back to the home screen. Fixed bug that prevented access to overview, instruction and about pages.
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
Quietly amazing app.
This app might not look as fancy as many of the other ones on the app store right now, but after downloading ten different sight reading apps and trying them all over the past week, this one is easily my favorite. You can tell this app was made by people actually trying to help others learn music. It's extrmely methodical, and its main "gimmick," erasing the measure you're currently supposed to be playing, is genius, and *forces* you to sight read ahead of where you're playing, whether you want to or not!
Fantastic learning tool. My sight reading is improving significantly already. My thanks to the authors. The whole app is currently free until June because of Covid-19, but I'll still be purchasing to support such a helpful learning tool. Being able to sight read is a priceless gift to me!
Developer Response ,
We are so glad you are finding Read Ahead Useful. We really chose to focus our limited resources on content and pedagogy over gimmicky features and distracting graphics so it is great to hear that it is appreciated!
Just so useful
I had been looking for a long time a way to prevent myself from going back to double check notes while attempting to sight read. This app does the trick for me. I love it!
Great, but buggy
Love the concept and design of this and would definitely like to use it with my students, but have noticed some issues that will make it difficult, like lag or inconsistency in the way the disappearing measures advance, particularly across page turns and repeats. Occasionally have had whole pages of music disappear then reappear as the counter advances. Also had the metronome get stuck on the tempo setting page, then when I advanced to the sight reading page, there was a second metronome for that, causing two unsynchronized clicks. If these bugs can be sorted, this would be a really awesome teaching tool!
- Anacrusis LLC
- 30.8 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- © Anacrusis LLC
- In-App Purchases
- ReadAhead Level 1A $3.99
- ReadAhead Level 1 $9.99
- ReadAhead Level 1B $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.