Welcome to ReaderBee.com!
Reader Bee and the Story Tree has won nine major awards including:
- Parent's Choice Gold Award, with Reader Bee, “children learn through multisensory experiences (e.g., hearing, touching, watching, etc.), which have been proven to build strong neural connections in the brain.”
- Dr. Toy Classic Toys, “are toys you return to from your own childhood like the shiny, durable Radio Flyer red wagon, scooter, or tricycle. The traditional toys endure and continue to stimulate play."
- Children’s Technology Review Editor’s Choice Award, 2014, “given to only the highest quality children’s products in the interactive media category. These are 'no fail' products…able to keep children engaged for days at a time.”
Every game in Reader Bee works together to create the golden “aha” moment when letters become words, words become stories and your child becomes a reader. Learning to read with this Reader Bee app is a joy.
At Reader Bee, we have done research and found that that kids get just the right information at the right time for their growing brains to take in sounds and shapes of letters. So Reader Bee chunks this information so that kids just need to work with six consonants around one vowel in a simple arrangement called a daisy gives them a physical experience of the vowel’s special place in words. They learn it with their ears and with their fingers as well as with their eyes – a dynamic combination that research shows creates strong neural connections. With just that one daisy kids can make real words. When you add the rest of the daisies, they have the whole alphabet at their fingertips. And now you can view their progress in the app on the progress screen.
Reader Bee and the Story Tree includes:
- 30 fun and interactive learning activities
- 6 books that kids can read at their own pace or follow along
- 6 spelling games for kids to play with word making
According to a reviewer, “Reader Bee is the most fun kids can have learning to read.”
- 2015 Parent's Choice Gold Award
- 2015 Family Choice Awards
- 2015 Tillywig Award Winner
- 2015 Dr. Toy’s 10 Best Classic Toys
- 2014 National Parenting Center Seal of Approval
- 2014 Dr. 100 Best Toys (not just apps!)
- 2014 Dr. Toy 10 Best Technology Toys for Children
- 2014 National Parenting Publications Silver Winner
- 2014 Children’s Technology Review, Editor’s Choice for Excellence
Bug fixes and iOS11 Compatibility
Ratings and ReviewsSee All
I was so excited to get this app for my daughter, but there is no sound. The volume is set to high and is working on other apps. Any suggestions?
This app is great!!
This app is amazing.
Reader Bee is a wonderful tool to teach reading. Children instantly become in engaged in learning the letter sounds, tracing and chasing letters, typing the words they have learned. Seeing the three letter CVC word embedded into the rich text of the story. In the story they touch the word and the character or item becomes alive so they see the meaning of the word. Also a one minute typing game shows the child how to spell the CVC words. I have presented this APP to children from the ages two to ten years old, each child enjoys the app is wanting more time to play with Reader Bee.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.