Discover new stories and worlds in Chinese!
Ready to move beyond flashcards and graded readers? Readibu is your portal to the world of popular Chinese web novels, short stories and children stories enjoyed by native readers. From historical to sci-fi or romance to horror, there's always something good to read.
Readibu is a Chinese web reader where you can:
1. Explore popular web novels, short stories, and children stories from native Chinese sites
2. Tap on characters for definitions
3. Open web pages in a reader for immersive reading
4. Absorb the language while you're immersed in gripping adventures
• Tap for dictionary
• Simplified and traditional conversion
• Pinyin/zhuyin display over words
• Add custom url to display in reader
• Export saved vocabularies
• Auto-detect next chapter
• Auto-save last page you were on
ENHANCE YOUR READING EXPERIENCE WITH READIBU PREMIUM
• Smart Name Recognition - Detect names of people, orgs and places in content
• Sentence Translation - Unlimited translation by Google Translate
• Image Search - Display image search results for selected text
• Offline Reading - Download pages for reading offline
• Popover Quiz Mode - Quiz your pinyin and definitions of words you looked up before
• Syntax Analysis - Analyze syntax of sentence
Free trials included with all plans!
1-month subscription: $4.99 per month
3-month subscription: $9.99 per month
12-month subscription: $47.99 per year
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at the end of your free trial period. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current billing period or trial. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours before the end of the current period. You can manage and cancel subscriptions in your Itunes Account settings.
Terms & Conditions: https://www.readibu.com/terms
Have questions? Feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
• [Premium] Added Smart Name Recognition to detect names of people, orgs and places in content
• Added Page Stats in reader
• Make bookmark title editable
• Updated webview UI
• Fixed various bugs
Ratings and Reviews
Just what I was looking for!
I never write reviews but I was so pleased to find this that I just had to! There are a few features I think would be nice to have which I mention at the end.
I speak basic Chinese with my parents but my vocab and reading/writing is abysmal, and I’ve been trying to improve for the past two years through flash cards or finding things to read. My problem was that either the reading material for my reading level was so boring I’d drop it immediately, or if I found an interesting web novel, it would be too advanced to have pinyin or word definitions so I’d also drop that.
I love that I can import web novels to this app and have both pinyin and definitions ready at a single tap. I also love that I can save vocab to review for later.
For future improvement it would be nice if there was a quick button to toggle between showing/hiding pinyin, instead of needing to open up the menu to do it. Otherwise sometimes I find myself too invested in the story that I cheat and just use pinyin all the way, which doesn’t help my learning. Also it would be nice if the saved vocab section had pinyin over it and another column with the English def so that you don’t need to click into the word to see what you actually saved.
Otherwise this is great and keep up the good work!
A Chinese learner’s DREAM
I’m so glad to have found this app; it is literally a dream for someone who’s interested in learning Chinese through reading web novels. Any feature I could dream of this app having, it has that and more. You can not only pick from the novels inside the app, you can also load links to web novels you find online (and there are links to pretty much any Chinese web novel for free lol) and the app loads it as a reader version. You can read with pinyin or without, and it’s so easy if you don’t know a word—just tap on it. (The app even recognizes idioms.) There’s traditional or simplified, you can star vocab to review, and the app saves your last reading place. I was literally blown away by how perfectly this app met my needs, as someone wanting to learn Chinese through reading. Thank you so much to the developers for taking the time to create this app!!
Great for Chinese reading practice
Found this by coincidence browsing the Chinese language reddit, and its just perfect for my current reading level. Loads a bunch of web comics in an accessible layout with a built in dictionary. Also allows me to switch to Simplified or Traditional characters. Just perfect. Only thing I would suggest is the ability to import searched words on the history tab maybe to a dictionary like Pleco, where I can save the words as flashcards for later study. Oh and also a feature to bookmark my progress in the chapters. Sometimes I can’t finish reading the entire chapter in one sitting, and would like to save.
Data Not Linked to You
The following data may be collected but it is not linked to your identity:
- Search History
- Usage Data
Privacy practices may vary, for example, based on the features you use or your age. Learn More
- Lingyi Chen
- 57.4 MB
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- iPod touch
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later.
- Age Rating
- 17+ Unrestricted Web Access
- © Readibu
- In-App Purchases
- Readibu Monthly Premium $4.99
- Readibu 3-Month Premium $9.99
- Readibu Yearly Premium $47.99